If You Didn't Have The Internet & Places Like This, Would U Still Be a JW?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

I left over 24 yrs ago, long before Al Gore invented the internet.

• minimus
    minimus

There's a lot of old hardcore "apostates" here.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I left without researching online at all, but finding this site was great to realize I wasn't alone!

• minimus
    minimus

So far, from what I can see, blaming the internet, as the Society does, might not be the issue for JWs leaving.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

Not for my self, but luckily for those just on their way out now it makes things a little easer, there are resources and support on the net which people can use.

And it is quite possible the WTS is in a motion to put more security around their ligature away from the general public, the members only WT for example,

It would seem that the WTS is starting to operate a little diiferently.... I wonder why they've have nothing to hide or do they ?

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

The inter-net was deliberately created and started by Satan and his wicked evil sources, to dissuade people to come and be a part of god's earthly organization

WT - June /06 Dam you Satan

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I left about 30 years ago, when the internet was a taut string between two Orange Juice cans.

I have "met" many remarkable and admirable apostates because of the internet, though, so I am thnkful for it.

At the bottom of it all I come here for the chicks.

The ducks are OK, but it's the chicks I really like. Cracked corn, anyone?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

NOPE!!!! I fell away long before I ever started reasearching JWs or ex-JWs. The way I was treated by my "brothers and sisters" made me want to get the hell out!!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Back in 83, I dont think Al Gore had invented the Internet yet, but I did live through Armegeaddon in 1975, That was a very liberating experience.

I read Franz's books several years after I left and they validated and fortified my feelings about the organization.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I left over 25 years ago....Long before the Internet was available. It was a lot harder to find information and you were a lot more isolated from what was going on in JW land

IN 1997 I got my first computer and one of the first things I researched was JW's.

Boy was that an eye opening experience

Today the difference between being in or out is only a mouse click away and more questioning JW's are clicking that mouse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit