If You Didn't Have The Internet & Places Like This, Would U Still Be a JW?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Clearly, the internet and sites like this one helped get me out. Once I started continuously reading how the Organization and Watchtower writings were bogus, I couldn't help but get out!

What about you??

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Probably not but it would have been a lot harder without the support. I was out before I found the internet. The internet has provided lots of friend like you guys!

• R.F.
    R.F.

Given the fact that certain things happened that helped me want to make an exit, I think if I didn't have the internet that i'd still try to put forth effort to be a Dub but would find it very difficult to. I'd probably be considered an inactive one. I'm close to being considered that now, but it's on purpose.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I made up my mind a long time ago, that I would die a non witness no matter what. So yes I would still remain a non witness, but I would be a lot more disturbed and suffer more without the solace and revelations of this board.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I stopped going to meetings before I did any research on the internet, but sites like this, and others removed any lingering doubts.

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

Never have been a JW but I think the internet help me when my friend tried to convert me.

I looked into everything for and against JW's I found lots more against them than for them.

• Mum
    Mum

No. I would be dead from suicide, in a mental institution, or free -- the latter being the best choice.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I stopped attending several years before finding any xjws support sites. The support sites have helped me clearly identify what jws did to my family and others.

• ferret
    ferret

I was long gone by the time the internet came in. But I still appreciate this sight 27 years later.

I still feel the effects of shunning by my three daughters. I send them info from JWD but they do not respond.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Good point mate but i don't think the internet is to blame for people leaving the JW faith. I think most people leave for reasons from their own personal experiences from being a member of the Org. websites like this only provide a useful source of information & references to add weight to your reasons for leaving in the first place.

LFCv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit