If You Didn't Have The Internet & Places Like This, Would U Still Be a JW?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Very probably. I found out about the UN/NGO scandal throught the internet and this led to my leaving. That's a scary thought!!!

changeling

• Orgull
    Orgull

I am just starting my fade. If I hadn't found this place I'd be DF'ed by now, 'cause when the elders asked me why I stopped doing meetings and service I was going to tell them I had doubts and didn't believe JW's were God's true organization on earth. So JWD saved me a great deal of heartache on my slow, careful way out.

Thanks!

• willyloman
    willyloman

My answer is, No, I wouldn't be a dub now, but it would have been harder to quit. The internet and "places like this" showed me I was not alone, that other "serious" JWs were full of doubts, too, and that it was possible to make the break and survive to tell the tale. This gave me confidence that there was "Life after the Watchtower." And that's all some of us needed to know.

• minimus
    minimus

All hail JWD!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I already made up my mind that I had to get out of the organization. There is nothing worse than living forever without any opposite sex contact whatsoever, and that was what I was headed for had I stayed in (and assuming that they were in fact the truth. Ultimately, it didn't matter--I had effectively disfellowshipped the Watchtower congregation for being false and misleading, creating problems where none needed to exist, and for aggravating problems that they had promised to solve.

What the Internet did was to allow me the chance to find some more dirt about the organization. As I was going to blow out anyway (and make the hounders work double time trying to catch me), I deliberately sought out apostate sites so I could find all those scandals, history flaws, and what the religion did to people that were raised in it as well as those who became Witlesses later in life. I found that some, but not all, of the things I saw for myself happened to others. And I realize that much of it is viewpoint differences, while there is a great deal of disunity in different local congregations. But, it gives me a chance to post my view, experiences, and predictions (some of them seemingly outrageous but still plausible) for the organization.

Hopefully I can get just one person who was going to become a Witless to recant that decision before they become publishers. Or, one person who was doing well in the Tower, looks up a weird word on a search engine, and lands on an apostate Web site on one of my posts (and reads that and many other posts) and leaves. Then I will have accomplished something toward making up for the damage of spreading the virus to others. Without the Internet and places like that, though I would not still be active, I would have no way to at least partially make up for the damage I did while active.

• minimus
    minimus

And Wt.Wizard, I'm glad you're here too!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I made my decision to leave long before I was on the internet---but reading just how corrupt and ungodly the borg is cemented my decision to leave and never look back.

• The Humper
    The Humper

i left in 2003 to join the Army to get away from everything JW i ever knew, including the people. the internet and the things ive read here just re-enforces my decision to get out and not go back.

• helncon
    helncon

By reading all the previous comments im supprised the number of posters who left well before the internet.

Me i left before internet as well or when it first come of age.

But fhis has help with putting things into place.

I know this has helped so many people on here.

Helen

• minimus
    minimus

For those that have left during the internet age, I wonder if these types of sites as well as easy anti-jw info accessed from the internet influenced you......Surely not everyone has been out for decades!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit