At the hall last night

by Shawn10538 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Shawn - the elder who denied you the book was following the Scriptural admonition "Let your reasonableness become known to all men".

Actually couldn't that elder ( with whom you made the arrangement ) get the Insight Book and Concordance for you? (He could have just been wanting to stock his own library, for all the lit servant would know.)

• Serg
    Serg

Hermano

yea but you know as well as I do that when they see a black bro in a suit or blonde hair and blue eyes in a suit they inquire but you know they will defenitely take his word especially if the guy sounds legit and knows what he's talking about. Some spanish congs have an open english lit counter and some don't have access so it just depends.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Big brother is IN the building.

What a lout. I kind of wish you would go back and try to get them again. When he challenges you-say, "Remember, I was here just this Thursday". When he threatens to call the police. Let him. When the cops arrive, he will look like a fool (after all they brag that they don't SELL literature but give it away). If you need to leave to avoid arrest, do it. But I doubt they would arrest you for your presence. PLUS it will give all those wonderful men in blue such a great witness of the 'troof'. And if you are still a JW, he will look like a bigger fool. Oh, and do bring the tape recorder:) How fun! And if he isn't in the mood, you will get your books.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Para got me an Aid book off Ebay.

He asked me why I didn't just borrow his mother's copy.

I just didn't feel right borrowing his pious JW mothers book to research why it is lies.

Bobbi(wading through Crisis of Conscience)

• Hermano
    Hermano

I agree with you Sergio.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Oh I'd love to read about that in the local "Police News".

"Officers responding to a 911 call last Thursday at 9:27 PM at the local Jehovah's Witness church were surprised to find that the call was made because a young man was attempting to get some literature supplied by the church members in their preaching work. 'It was the darndest thing,' said Officer Jones as he scratched his head, 'I mean they usually try to get you to take their stuff after they just woke you up on the only day you can sleep in and you hand them a dollar to get rid of them. This young man was well-dressed and polite. He came all the way from the other side of town because he WANTED their books and they call the police.'

The matter was settled when the young man was given the books he requested. The standard fine for a false alarm 911 call of $ 2500.00 was immediately paid by church officials out of their Worldwide Fund.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So where was he nudnik elder who arranged for you to get the books?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    planted his body in between me and the literature servant

Um...did he just stand there and watch? He knew you were coming for the books and he didn't say anything? What a pussy!

• Open mind
    Open mind

JWdaughter said:

But I doubt they would arrest you for your presence.

The police may not arrest you, but they would certainly remove you from the K Hall. It's private property. If any of the Illdoers on duty decide it's time for you to leave, that's their call. (No matter how asinine the reason.) If you refuse, you're trespassing.

The public is invited, but that line I quoted above ( "Your implied invitation is hereby revoked" ) was either from a letter to Elders or an Elder's School "write it in the margins" instruction.

Really makes you want to attend doesn't it?

Open Mind

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I sort of feel sorry for the spanish bros since most of them don't know the true WT background and just do as they're told.

Serg...the majority of the JWs don't know the history of the Org, no matter what their race. They are all doing what they are told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit