My mom got disfellowshipped.

by reneeisorym 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Rene, my dear, I have followed your story and your mother's whackiness at times and just wondered how someone so rational, calm, sweet and loving could have come from her. I was so surprised to read she had been disfellowshipped. What a turn up fpr the books. Do keep us posted on what happens from here.

• free2think
    free2think

That's so good, congratulations

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Awesome!

You should throw her a congrats on your df party!

• BFD
    BFD

Wow, Renee. Jusy be there for her. And, they say smoking isn't good for you. It is for your mom.

btw, how you doing with the no smoking?

BFD

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Renee: Wow, what a turn of events for you!

Bake her one of your awesome cakes to celebrate commiserate together.

Show her the love and peace that you have in your life through a relationship with Jesus instead of the organization. Wrap her in your unconditional love and pray without ceasing for her eyes to be opened.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Speaking in the short-term...what is your mom doing now? Does she still go to meetings? Has she gone since the announcement? Did she go to the announcement? Is she angry at the org or just hurting in general?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Congrats Renee - I hope she doesn't return. Maybe if you lay off the doctrinal stuff and focus on the things you can prove easily, like getting Barbara Anderson's CD and go that route she may come around.

Not everyone gives a crap about what they teach, but they do care how others are treated especially when they have been mistreated!

nj

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Keep working your plan to help her know the real truth. That is great news.

Your backing off and being sweet is probably good. Maybe you can get her
    next year to honor a birthday or a holiday, perhaps MOTHER's DAY.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thats GOOD News! Bring her to PA RENE!!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

You guys will never believe this --

My mom's birthday was the day of the Judicial Committee meeting Wednesday. This Saturday she is going to let me give her a birthday party to celebrate!!! Can you believe this? My idea was to ask my friends and have a BYOM (Bring your own mom) party!! So that way she won't feel like kids are at her birthday party. I have 7 coming so far and 6 more have yet to get back to me. I am going to make her a cake and everything! Can you believe it?!!

One down, 35 to go!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit