My mom got disfellowshipped.

by reneeisorym 47 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I've already said too much. Now I realize how much it doesn't work and I'm backing off and being sweet.

What I am doing now is: working on getting her to be honest about her feelings. I remember how liberating it was to be able to be honest with people about how I really feel. I was hoping that if she gets used to that freedom, it'll be harder to go back.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am sorry about the circumstances for your mom. However, I hope now this will open the door for you both to be there for each other now. She may gradually start thinking, reading, reconsidering, it may take time but it's a start. Take care both of you and best wishes.

• why???
    why???

Its sad that your mom is in pain because of those sexist male self-righteous elders but im glad that she had you to help her.....hopefully she'll see the light and be free with you... I wish you all the best!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations!

Now that she is no longer in the borg or with your dad, she is likely to lose her desire/need to smoke. While supporting any efforts she makes to quit, I hope you can encourage her to talk about what got her so stressed that she even STARTED. Does she think that the elders made a spirit inspired decision on how to treat what happened with her and your dad? Or to expel her for smoking during a horribly stressful time in her life? Were they ever loving or supportive of her as an individual? Would they ever really be able to be true blue friends if they could do this to her at such a time in her life?

You, her beautiful 'apostate' daughter has loved and supported her through everything. I am sure that you will introduce her to a great crowd of wonderful 'worldly' people who are diverse, interesting, sincere, spiritual and loving friends and family. I hate to encourage love bombing, but without doing that, show her that there is more to life than the tedious track between her old house and the KH.

Blessings to you both!

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yaaaahhhhhhh. one down. how many left?

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Don't get your hopes up. Most people that get disfellowshipped see how fast they can get reinstated, because they think that if Armageddon comes while they are disfellowshipped then they will be destroyed.

• flipper
    flipper

Renee- It is so good you can be a support to tour mom in her hour of need. And really, you hit it on the head, she needs you emotionally, and as a caring friend, but go easy on the reverse preaching for awhile until she gradually sees how screwed up the org. is. But you can help her with her doubts and be there for her. My older son 22, was and is my best friend aside from my wife, and was there for me when I went through this in the late 90's. Your mom will never forget your kindness, because she will get precious little from any of her former witness friends. It's a great opportunity to show her what real, unconditional love is. Good luck to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Es
    Es

WOW thats awesome news, heres hoping she realises what great news it is. Its such a pity it didnt happen before so that she could come to your beautiful wedding

all the best

es

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

deaconbluez,

Most people that get disfellowshipped see how fast they can get reinstated

Not "most," according to David Reed's Blood on the Altar. Only about half of DF'd Witnesses attempt reinstatement. Only half of those stay for good.

GentlyFeral

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    She's more likely to notice something is wrong from the lack of love the whole bunch has.

My tip: just get her busy in some new interest that puts her in contact with a lot of people who like the same thing. She needs to notice that there really is a lot of love out there. Enrol her on some short course and go with her, tell her it's to cheer her up and keep her busy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit