My mom got disfellowshipped.

by reneeisorym 47 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My mom called tonight to tell me that she got disfellowshipped!!!!

Of course to me this is like the greatest news EVER and to her its the worst ever so I'm seriously having a hard time being sympathetic. I just know this could mean she's out for good and it definately means I've got my mom back. Now lets just pray and hope that she doesn't return to her vomit!

WHOOOHHOOOOO!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Let's hope....

• R.F.
    R.F.

That's good news. Hopefully she will end up seeing the good that comes out of it.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

That's excellent news!!! Congratulations :)

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

She's already questioning how "Jehovah's people" could treat her the way they have been treating her. She talked to the District Overseer about how terribly my dad was treating her and the DO told her that all he knew was that "if you leave him, the cloud of protection from Jehovah will be away from you and you will be walking with Saten the Devil." But all the evilness my dad did to her only got him private reproof. Even though EVERYONE knew how Dad was. One elder told my mom secretly that he believed my dad only got a finger pointed at him because all the other elders treated their wives the same way and they didn't understand the problem.

She does have some issues with the organization but she's totally not going to examine 1914 or any of that because that kind of stuff just doesn't interest my mom. She's not a thinker. She's more likely to notice something is wrong from the lack of love the whole bunch has. The DFing is because she started smoking, hoping it would calm her nerves.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Wow! I hope my mom gets disfellowshipped some day too. What were the charges, if you don't mind me asking. Will she start talking to you again, as you're both on the same level - so to speak? Great news!

• R.F.
    R.F.
    She's already questioning how "Jehovah's people" could treat her the way they have been treating her.

That is the kind of thinking that you want from her right now, especially since you've noted that she isn't much of a thinker. If only more Dubs thought more about how Jesus said you could identify his followers.....

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'm jealous.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Congratulations!! I'm jealous.

I would say tread carefully, you may go in all guns blazing and find in 6 months she's back 'in', and your relationship with her is worse than ever, show her love and support and listen when she talks and nod. The org has it's claws in people and it takes a long time to get them out.

I wish you all the best! Keep us informed.

Poppy

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It's really a shame to disfellowship people for smoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit