Scream when Raped...

by KW13 63 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Thought i'd bring this up again, i found it on the Watchtower Library and thought it was extremely annoying how they can say rubbish like this.

Rape has become increasingly common today. A major reason seems obvious. Sex and violence explode from TV and movie screens, from radio, newspapers, magazines and billboards

WTF? So because of it being on TV i feel compelled to rape someone...sure...sure

"Women indirectly tease men whenever they do anything in public view that might lead others to believe they’ve had or they’re having sex with someone. I’m talking mostly about public displays of affection, but there are other things that could give this impression.

"Nowadays, a lot of young men and women set up housekeeping without the benefit of matrimony, which is surely their own business. But there may be some men around who think otherwise. These men figure that any woman who’s willing to live with, and obviously sleep with, a man without marrying him is an easy mark."

OH yes everytime i see an unmarried person i know they really really want to be raped...

Above all, she should not allow herself to be intimidated. Right at the outset she should let it be known that under no circumstances will she permit intercourse. Representatives of the Toronto Star, after consulting a number of rape crisis centers in the United States and Canada, came up with this common theme:

"The most crucial time in a rape encounter is the first minute. If a woman doesn’t physically and mentally fight back at this point, her chances of avoiding sexual attack grow progressively smaller."

Right because women or men who are victims overpower whoever is going to do anything to them...its not like they are going to be frightened or anything when something like this happens?

Back in March 1974, Awake! magazine described how a man with a gun had held two of Jehovah’s Witnesses prisoner in a hotel room. As he reached for the zipper on one girl’s blouse, she exclaimed: "No! No! Not that!" She told him that if he touched her she would scream as he had never heard anyone scream before. She explained that if she did not she would ruin her relationship with Jehovah God and the Christian congregation. (Compare Deuteronomy 22:22-29.) Her firm demand: "Don’t you touch me or come near me" kept the rapist at bay.

This woman did the Scripturally proper thing, which actually is the best thing to do. A Christian woman is under obligation to resist, for the issue of obedience to God’s law to "flee from fornication" is involved. (1 Cor. 6:18) By no means would it be proper for her willingly to submit to being raped.

under obligation to resist?

Treat

HimRespectfully

The intended victim should remember that the rapist is a human. No doubt there are circumstances in his life that have precipitated his behavior. So although a woman should not cower in fear and permit a rapist to intimidate her, at the same time she should treat him understandingly, as a fellow human. A woman who lived in a housing project in New York City writes:

Hello mr Rapist, would you like a drink?
    "It was then that I remembered the scripture in Deuteronomy chapter 22. It says that if a woman does not cry out when attacked, it indicates she is submitting to the man and is committing a sin against Jehovah.
    yeah you get the idea...
  • minimus
    minimus

This will be a good thread! Yes, take the rapist feelings into consideration. It is the proper thing to do.

• changeling
    changeling

Actually, screaming and making a ruckus are proven to be a good deterrant to rape and other violent crimes (in some circumstances). Criminals fear getting caught and do not want attention drawn to them. This is not to say that if someone does not scream they deserve to be attacked, nor should it be held against them in any way.We should never blame the victim.

changeling

• minimus
    minimus

I know of a woman that was raped by 2 men with a knife. She allowed them to rape her without ever screaming as she believed that they would kill her if she screamed. She's alive to tell about it. Did it work for her---not screaming?? She'd rather be raped than be dead.

• KW13
    KW13

Actually, screaming and making a ruckus are proven to be a good deterrant to rape and other violent crimes (in some circumstances). Criminals fear getting caught and do not want attention drawn to them. This is not to say that if someone does not scream they deserve to be attacked, nor should it be held against them in any way.We should never blame the victim.

changeling

It can vary, if your attacked somewhere very isolated then no one will hear your screams and very often its not that women dont want to scream, its the fear itself that stops them doing anything - they freeze. KW who also knows a victim who survived and didnt scream/yell

• eclipse
    eclipse
    A Christian woman is under obligation to resist, for the issue of obedience to God’s law to "flee from fornication" is involved.

ONE MORE TIME -

RAPE IS NOT FORNICATION OR SEX.

It is the WEAPON used to HURTand INTIMIDATE the victim..

(Men can be and are raped too)

If THEY DO NOT RESIST DUE TO EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY GAVE CONSENT.

sorry, I am boiling.

Great thread KW! The WT needs an education.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    By no means would it be proper for her willingly to submit to being raped.

The GB has such a f*cked up idea of what rape is.

Don't even get me started about the "respect and be understanding" of your rapist BS. I was still a jw when that article came out. I was torn between being enraged and trying to pretend it didn't say what it very clearly said.

I think every member of the GB deserves to be raped, and then told that they were not raped, but that they had commited fornication. And then their asses get kicked out of their cushy little cocoons at bethal. (just a little fantasy of mine)

• minimus
    minimus

Rape IS sex......by force.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am pretty certain rape pre-dates TV and movies. Thanks for digging that little gem up! Does the Borg even have any clean spots left on thier faces to apply fresh egg?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Doesn't Jehovah read our hearts and minds and liver and kidneys and... well, in short - doesn't he know how we feel and what we want/don't want? Do we have to scream for Jehovah's sake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit