What will be the Reaction to Barbera Anderson`s New CD?

by OUTLAW 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty

what will be their reaction?? You mean what wastheir reaction!!

It all makes sense, the Sept KM was a pre-emptive strike to let all know that NO reasoning would be justified to view this video/information. You know the WTS knows about this CD, they are already preparing to see to it that nobody views it and if they do they will be DF'd

Still In

That September 2007 Kingdom Ministry is beginning to make a lot of sense. See, the LIGHT DOES GET BRIGHTER AND BRIGHTER afater all. Honesty>>>>> making a bee line back to the protection of the Kingdom Hall and the Watchtower's "SPIRITUAL PARADISE" NOT

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    What will be the Reaction to Barbera Anderson`s New CD?

From the WTS?

SPIN

SPIN

SPIN

SPIN

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Links? I've googled for a bit, and nothing's coming up...

Edit: Sorry, disregard. I just saw seeker4's topic.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower cannot say the papers are lies, as many of them were submitted by their own lawyers.

I think the WT will say that the papers contain "confidential matters" and that JWs should not read them. They will also probably say reading and talking about the paper's contents is not "upbuilding" and should be avoided.

The Watchtower might elevate any mention or discussion concerning the contents of the CD among the JWs to a disfellowshiping offense as "bringing division" into the congregation!

The CD will be placed on the Watchtower's list of forbidden reading matter!

--VM44

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Let's see, as an active, but fading dub....YESTERDAY I TOOK SHELTER AT THE LOCAL KINGDOM HALL.... oh, no..wait......... it was hotter than hell outside and I pulled my vehicle under the car port of the local KH to get out of the sun while I did paperwork (I just happened across this particular KH in an unfamiliar town).. I knew one day I could count on the local KH for a place of refuge.....

oddly enough, at 3 in the afternoon on a Wed the parking lot was empty...hmmm....must be too hot for door to door, eh? (3pm used to be primetime for pioneers..there cars would be on the lot as they used a regular publishers car to go on return visits waste time and gas.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "can't wait to see if this CD is mentioned tomorrow at the DC" Sheep Class)

• sspo
    sspo

Not much on the part of the Dubs.

There has always been schocking things in the organization.

Wife swapping, fraud, adultery, all kinds of immorality, lying, and we could go on and on but

the excuse is that jehovah continues to cleanse the organization.

When one is brainwashed by a cult they will jump off a cliff when the order is given.

That's what my ex.. said if the GB tells her to do so.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I hope they go down.

They are opposed to reality.

The GB must be nervous.

Most JWs would never find out about it...

were it not for the internet.

The lies are mounting.

Reality is catching up with the organization.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I know times have changed. But when Ray Franz wrote his books, and I was concealed deep in the Watchtower cocoon, I knew absolutely nothing of the matter. I knew very little about Ray, and heard even less. The matter was one of the top two or three scandals of the last 50 years that affected Jw's - and I, and most of the jdubs I knew, had no idea. Same with most other scandals in the time period.

Fact of the matter is, that most tightly held jdubs will likely not know about this either. Or will only hear a very tainted and confused view about it with the faint whisper that the 'apostates' are somehow involved. That will be enough to create mental shut down for many of them. The Sept KM will finish the job for many others. A small percentage will become aware of the matter to a larger degree, and an even smaller percentage will dare and look at the facts regarding the matter with open eyes.

Sadly, this is the case with high control cults. Very little will permeate the artificial canopy that has been erected to 'protect the flock'. I believe that some will leave over it. Will it even be one out of each congregation of 100? I doubt it. I say this not as a pessimist, but as a realist who spent decades with full blinders on and in the dark. Most are still in that position, I fear.

Like others, I am beginning to believe that the Sept KM was preemptive. Looking at the wording of the QB makes me think that they were anticipating a far smaller effort than the one that happened here though. And I don't believe they were expecting a CD, but some other medium.

Objectively, the CD might have been the best surprise of all. It can be viewed in the privacy of one's home, or on ones laptop, or at work. And importantly for a jdub with questions, he can view it without the inherent guilt associated with the internet, nor the bulky problems of hiding a book. Once he establishes for himself that there is something more to investigate, it will lead to the internet, and to the exit of some.

Those already 'primed' to examine his doubts, for that person this will provide that 'final straw'. If it is an earlier straw for them, they will leave later not sooner. Don't expect a massive exit. But the exit will continue with time.

Jeff

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think this may hurt the WBT$ more than they realize.....Many Jehovah`s Witness`s learned about the WBT$ association with the United Nations-NGO,at doors they were supposed to be preaching at..I know the JW`s who came to my door were not happy about the information..LOL!!.....Many JW`s are going to learn about the corruption of the WBT$,in the "Field Service!"..AGAIN!!..LOL!!..How many Jehovah`s Witness`s will be able to ignore the repeated humiliation at the door,Courtesy of the WBT$?...OUTLAW

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I think AK - Jeff is right, unfortunately. If I had been active, I would maybe hear about this, but I would probably disregard it since it comes from apostates. I think I would also think that it was horrible how these case papers were made public, when some of the 16 may be innocent, and chose to settle the case in order to lighten the burden for the WTS, and now their names would be made public. That these were all lies or twisted half-truths.

However - even if I did believe it, I would probably have thought "Well, the org. isn't perfect, this is a weeding-out process."

I vaguely remember hearing of a member of the GB being disfellowshipped long ago (Franz), but I never knew his name then. I do remember that it made me think though. Up until then I never thought anyone on the GB could ever do anything to be DF'ed.

So maybe this will create some doubt in some people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit