The Way I Are.

by RichieRich 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the "inside" scoop, Richie. Sorry it was you though.

Hmmm. I wonder if Martha and Paris have similar accounts?

Open Mind

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, sounds like jail!!

Would'nt be too bad, except you can't frickin' leave!

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Wow! Glad you're okay. I'd be looking for that first lawyer (maybe through the second lawyer) and see what happened. If there was no good reason for his dereliction of duty, I would sue. Maybe he could be disbarred.

I'd say "All's well that ends well," but I don't think is over yet.

Crafty

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wow, Rich, your mom is a real cake-taker!

Why bother finding out the details of her son's incarceration when she's got such a vivid imagination, fueled by jehovah's holy spirit? ...and your dad. I'm sorry, but the dude is weak. I'll bet every night he DREAMS of smackin' your momma upside the head so hard...

It must be nice to have some friends who care with whom you can be honest and open about things, huh?

Well at least it's not like you were serving time for embezzlement or anything like that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Time in a Canadian jail, from my son's account. He was on the medical ward, from which I hear is less crowded than the other floors. On the other floors the inmates are three to a room.

Food- Shrink wrapped single servings, no seconds.

People- Most everyone was a repeat offender. Some were in for serious offences. His first roommate had stabbed a friend to death on the public transit. He made first page of the paper. My son made page three. In two months, my son saw some inmates out and back in again. He decided right quick that he did not want jail life to be a regular habit.

Games - Chess, ping pong and a very select group of books. The good ones were treasured and passed on with care. My son got through the bible twice in his two month stay, and was the second-best chess champion of the floor.

Sleeping- My son had about four roommates in two months, as they migrated in and out of trouble. He was once put in with a head case who chanted to his invisible friends all night. My son complained to the guards (a big no-no) and he was told to put up with it. But they had mercy by the third day and put the chanter in solitary.

Cells- Each person gets to share their very own deluxe 11 foot by 8 foot cell. All-metal, bolted furniture. Very similar to your description, Richie, except there's a blow dryer for the hands, a small sink and toilet. Make your bed nicely or annoy the guards. Never annoy the guards.

Clothes- Blue canvas jumpers, one size fits all.

Crime and Punishment- Don't annoy the guards. They have all the power. If you hustle when they tell you to hustle, life inside goes a lot easier. Once, and only once, a guard gave me and my son extra visiting time when an administrative error ate up half our visiting time. When visiting time is over, the phones get shut off. Don't argue with the guards.

The repeat visitors would hold off all their disobedience until their last day so they only had a single night in solitary. A favorite act of rebellion would be to set the toilet paper on fire with the blow dryer. There were two lockdowns of the facility in the two months my son was there.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Glad you came out realitvely unscathed. Sorry it happened to you, maybe you need a new line of work.

Leslie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I am glad you are a free man once again. I hope the Officers treated you well. I work in a Jail, as you probably already remember. By the way, did you notice any JW's coming in their to have "studies" with the inmates?

Dave

• eclipse
    eclipse

I enjoyed reading your experience, Rich, it was eye-opening and I am relieved that nothing bad happened to you while you were inside.

I am so glad that you are back with us!

• exwitless
    exwitless
    All charges were dropped, I was given a "jail credit for time served"

Is that like a Monopoly "Get Out of Jail Free" card?

Seriously, though, sorry to hear about what you went through. That really sucks. Have you spoken to your incompetent lawyer yet?

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Wow, what a horrible experience! Glad your ok, and hope you go after that lawyer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit