The Way I Are.

by RichieRich 73 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

DAMN!!!

I hit enter WAY too soon.

I've got a long post coming, so hold your applause for a moment, ok??

• gymbob
    gymbob

Another great post Rich! I'm speechless.....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ok.

Where is it dammit!!!

• PEC
    PEC

Still waiting, Rich.

Philip (of the 71 posts to jedi class.)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

As you all may have noticed- I've been missing for about a month.

Naturally, I have an explanation. Naturally, it's dramatic and full of ups and downs.

Here goes nothing.

I got into some very minor legal trouble in the middle of last November. I was in the right, but it was work related, and the local police were worried about their reputations as individual officers, and not condoning certain behaviors inside of my line of work. Basically, I'm supposed to keep a certain amount of area secure, and I did so- by meeting violent action with violent action. I came out on top, but of course it wouldn't look good if I escaped scot-free.

I was given a lawyer by the business I worked for. He got everything handled in so many words, and got the court date continued to June of this year. We went to court in June. Everything was handled, and life continued on.

Until July 9th. It was a hot, sticky North Carolina summer Monday, and I was working. Two Police officers showed up and asked for me by name. Having nothing to hide, I approached them, and they informed me that they had a warrant out for my arrest for failing to appear in court. But I went to court!

Not wanting to fight two men who looked like they wouldn't mind it, I surrendered to their custody. I was taken "downtown", and from the holding cell I started making phonecalls. My lawyer said he would figure out what the error was, and come handle it and get me out. I called my father, and told him what had happened.

6 hours later, I was still sitting in the holding cell. The lawyer couldn't be reached. I called Dad again. He said he would see what he could do to arrange getting me out. A few minutes later, I was removed from the holding cell to begin the "dressing out" procedure, which is where you are put in classy orange and white attire, and then placed in the county jail population.

I went into the general population, and found a place to sleep, and got to it. The next morning, I awoke to go to my first appearance before the court. My bail remained at $100,000. My father was sitting in the courtroom, and so I assumed he was there to work on getting me out. The rest of that day passed.

The next day I woke to hear my name being called by a guard, telling me I had a visit. I went to the visiting room, and there on the computer monitor was my father. I picked up the phone and began to talk to him. He didn't see it as necessary to pay to bond me out when my lawyer was working to get me out. Good point.

Another day passed. Then I got transferred to the Wake County Detention Center Annex, a really classy joint that is like summer camp compared to the old county jail. Days turned into a week. I made "friends" with a diverse group of ethnicities, and didn't experience anything like you might see on TV. Granted, it wasn't a fun place to be, but I wasn't suffering.

A week turned into 2. I got a letter from my father and my mother. Yeah, I know, I was surprised to read what she had to write. Here's a couple of excerpts:

Dear Richie, I am so sorry that you have deteriorated to this point.... There has never been a question of my love for you- you know that...I hope all of your real friends are there for you now. You certainly need all the support you can get... I would be willing to correspond with you in the future if you will allow me to be your mother. Part of that is having some say in your actions...

That letter was rediculous, but it was accompanied my a kind letter from my father, reminding me to stay strong as things were getting handled.

Two weeks turned into 3. On the 27th day of my incarceration, I was told that I had an appearance in court. I was taken to court, and my new lawyer straightened things out with the judge and DA, and I was released immediately. All charges were dropped, I was given a "jail credit for time served", and the Judge pulled me aside and encouraged me to file a civil suit against the lawyer who's negligence landed me in jail.

Coming out was nice, but it had its own share of troubles- people had been looking for me. Lines had been crossed and recrossed and become tangled. My voicemail box was full. I had almost a thousand emails from over 200 people inquiring as to where I was.

But somehow- through all this, I learned a lesson. What I lack in family is made up for in a family of friendships. People really cared, and quite a few little worlds stopped turning because ole Richie had disappeared off the globe.

Anyway- all is officially well. I'm safe, life continues, and I move forward. Everyone who tried to contact me will be contacted back, I promise. Things have just been overwhelming, and I've been handling face to face relationships first.

Thank you for everyone's concern.

Now, before everyone starts asking questions, I will post a second portion talking about the day to day life of an average inmate, and a few of my particularly amusing experiences in the big house.

For now, this jail bird must fly.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome Back

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Welcome back - your life is full of mystery and surprises :)

• orbison11
    orbison11

hhmm

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Now, before everyone starts asking questions, I will post a second portion talking about the day to day life of an average inmate, and a few of my particularly amusing experiences in the big house.

Many years ago I was arrested and did a 30 day sentence in county jail. It's not something I generally talk about, and I won't right now as it's your thread. In the meantime I look forward to your experiences.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good gravy, Richie....Heck yeah you need to take that negligent bastard to court!! Nearly a month of stewing in the joint, because he couldn't be bothered to fix a little error?? JEEZ!!

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Nail his ass.

Did you take the time to get prison buff?

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear that you didn't drop the soap, and that you've been cleared of charges!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit