The Way I Are.

by RichieRich 73 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow. Both my boys in jail in the same year. I am sure you learned a lot from that particular disenfranchised section of humanity, as I did. I took note of the guys who said a kind word and helped my son know what to expect. The loss of freedom and dehumanization factor was huge.

My son has talked at length of his short jail experience. He had feared going to jail for years. In his schizophrenic mind, it's horrors loomed. When he did commit a public crime, his worst fears came true. "But you know mom, the police were good to me. And jail was not as bad as I thought. It was boring and I never want to go back there, but I'm not so scared any more." It may be hard for you guys to understand, but it is a very good thing when a schizophrenic can shed one of his fears. He is less likely to strike out in fear. He is far less likely to get himself in this sort of trouble again.

One impact of the "house" is that my son gave up the "mountain man" look. When he was jailed, he had a full beard and long, stringy hair. He was embarrassed by his actions and wanted desperately to clean up. It took him weeks to save up for a haircut, only to be told by the administration that he could not alter his appearance (the better to apprehend him, I guess, if he jumped the stockade). No hair elastics were to be bought either (who knows how an inmate might put such an object to misuse). A month in to his time, my son greeted me in the visitor's booth with his hair (FINALLY) neatly tied back. His solution? he picked off the top inch of one of his socks. Prison innovation.

Within a week of his release, he had himself a clean shave save a small soul patch, and trim hair. My boy looks good.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome home Richie, I wondered where you were,Now tell me why you didnt call for your Mouthy Granny>???? I would have MADE em let you out. Nerve of them arresting my grandson.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ritchie,

I am so glad you're ok and back home!!

• ninja
    ninja

wow....I'm talking to a jailbird....woo hoo.....I'm glad that richie rich didn't become someones......ahem....bitchy bitch......just getting my jacket.....welcome back mate......ninja

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I love you Richie! And I am glad you are okay. When you go quiet on facebook with the poking, when your name doesnt flick up every couple of days on my msn and when I dont get a bulleting on myspace saying you have new photos of new tats - I start to get worried.

Looking forward to the next installment almost as much as it turning 5.30 on friday!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Richie,

glad you are ok and back to JWD!

LMAOROFL at horrible life

nj

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Omg! You poor dear! God's people will suffer unjustly for righteousness sake!

Did you have the most tatoos of anyone there? I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience. I too believe you lead a life that has no room for boredom! I am also very glad you have so many family here that you know care about you.

LOL at Mouthy! Should've called Granny! Her little boys and girls can do no wrong in her loving eyes! She probably would have brought a rolling pin to knock anyone out who disagreed with her! She is too cute! I loved her post to you!

Kitten Whiskers

• PEC
    PEC

Welcome back, Richie Jailbird Rich.

Philip (of the 68 posts to jedi class.)

• Open mind
    Open mind

VERY glad to have you back Richard.

I was wondering if you'd dropped off the planet.

Looking forward to hearing more about it.

As for the whole "suing a lawyer" thing, I'd try getting some practical, realistic advice on that from someone who's not just looking to rack up legal fees. "Vengeance" and "righting the wrong" and all that may sound good on the surface, but you really should make sure you count the cost before you launch into a money-flushing frenzy. A friend of mine decided to take a neighbor to court a while back and the neighbor was definitely in the wrong. Only problem was the neighbor was also a lawyer. My friend "won" eventually, but he racked up over $100,000 in legal fees and ended up getting in a dispute with his own lawyers.

Try and get some impartial, professional advice. Or just move on.

Open Mind

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

lmao.............only you, richie, only you............oh, and, about your mom.........tell her for me she's an f'ing ahole. talk about kicking someone when they are down and out and your own son to boot........(no pun intended)...........what a B--ch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit