Active Elders who post on JWD

by Honesty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

Gary1914: Please help me underdstand: why? I'm not trying to force anyone to leave prematurely. I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't get it. The things you just mentioned are deceitful, are they not? Does the end justify the means? Does this not make you a little like them? Help me wrap my brain around this if you can.

changeling

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Gary1914 has found the key. No one notices when you say, "The Watchtower" or the "Society" says becauae the majority are doing the same, parroting the same crap he is. Is it hypocritical? He admits so. Isn't there some hypocrisy in everyone? Since he is calculating his escape, it seems to me that he is working through it. The trauma of losing one's family by one's own choice is a little more than a person can swallow. Give in to the kind of unrealistic "Integrity" that the FDS requires, only doing it so other EJW's will pat you on the back? Forget it. Take it slow and take as many with you as you can 1914. Me? I couldn't keep spewing the crap and so deleted myself so I wouldn't have to. No one noticed after a few months. It's all that conditional love, I was single though. Big difference. W.Once

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Wow, that was a bit harsh don't you think?

I agree with the POW and Navy Seal comments. I'll add saint and 007.

Living a lie is not what any of us want, but it may eventually help those we love.

I'm currently considered an inactive sister, I am not an elder, but I admire anyone who can stomach it long enough to help us here and those they love.

The ones that can't see the truth about the truth are going to sit there and gobble it up no matter who is giving the talk.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

One of my very best worldly friends is an ex-Army officer and a member of the National Security Counsel. He told me a great line - that fits this subject so well - "A good soldier picks his battlefield." The elders on this board are doing just that....they are carefully weighing when & how they leave. They know it will be war when they do leave.

Skeeter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am onboard with you, Honesty.

I could not continue to advertise from the platform when I didn't believe in the product.
    I could not promote doctrines as I learned they were not true. I was only able to do
    it as I was still not sure. Once I knew, I did it for only a couple of months, then
    sanitized what I said, then got out of doing the elder job.

Still, another thing I learned as I released my mind- stop judging others.
    I don't accuse you, Honesty, of judging unbelieving elders, but here's what I figured out-
    I was fooled into thinking inline with a mind-control cult. Who am I to say that others'
    actions, words, standards, decisions, etc. are wrong?

Applying that, there may be some who feel they can help their loved ones more by
    moving slower. There are some who believe they can make a difference with some
    individuals by being an elder. Just because I disagree, that doesn't make my thoughts
    better than theirs. They are welcome to try. I just think it prevents personal freedom.

• changeling
    changeling

OTWO: your perspective is probably the most healthy. I'll try to get over my hang up.

• BFD
    BFD
    Why should elders enjoy their families when others have lost theirs. They should know our pain.

This is as far as I got. I will read this entire thread later but comments like this make me sick! Everyone endures thier own pain at thier own pace. I have had enough of my own pain thrust down on me from the tower. I cannot imagine the pain it must be for anyone who is FORCED to go through the motions to protect what he's got.

One can only escape after one realizes that by living a lie he is protecting what he hasn't got, really. Where's the enjoyment in that? I hate what the WT$ does to families.

Between a rock and a hard place I'd say.

I would not wish my pain on anyone and would not want to experience the pain of others in different circumstances.

BFD

• flipper
    flipper

Well, if I was in a concentration camp and had my escape tunnel finished, I would most likely wait until I could round up my loved ones. These guys are making quite a sacrifice and they are doing a lot of good by planting seeds and obtaining information. As for lying - if the Nazis came to your door asking if you know where your kids are, I hope you would lie and say no. mrs flipper

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Ummm, BFD, I think that was supposed to be sarcasm, but its such a sensitive subject I could be wrong. IMHO, people do things when they can. It took me a long time and a huge amount of misery to make it out. I can't know what its costing them.

brunn

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I got to the point that I was gonna go crazy if I stepped foot into a Kingdom Hall one more time.

If these guys can pull it off and stay to try to save their marriages and help their kids and others, we should applaud them instead of spitting on them.

IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit