Active Elders who post on JWD

by Honesty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Does your conscience torment you knowing that you are misleading the flock of God as you continue teaching them the heresies of the Watchtower Society?

Why are you staying in the organization and posting here at the same time?

Do you really believe that you can help your families to reject the Watchtower Society while remaining an elder and visibly appearing to support their LIES and False teachings?

Do you have a plan?

Are you just waiting for the 'right time' to take action?

Are you waiting for that perfect Pubic Talk assignment so that you can expose the Watchtower Society from the platform one Sunday morning?

Please enlighten us.

We may be able to use what you know that we don't know with our own families.

Oh wait... I forgot we escaped as soon as we realised it was all a sham and let our families make their own choices.

• changeling
    changeling

I get where you're coming from honesty. I don't want to jugde another's motives or pressure someone to leave the org. before they are ready, but I trully don't understand how someone can serve as an elder/ms/pioneer and not believe in what they are doing. I really don't get it.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I've known a few elders who were "double agents" and have a very high regard for them. In almost all situations, they were married to an extremely zealous wife who exhibited no doubts. For an elder to start the process of disengaging from his leadership role in the congregation could likely begin a process which he could not stop. He is often forced to go through all the motions unless he get exposed as a doubter and then be challenged to get "spiritual assistance" which would eventually mean getting disfellowshipped.

Personally, I think those elders who post here and share information here are very brave. They risk the disintegration of their family life if they get exposed. Yet, they feel they must somehow do their part, whatever they can to counter the Borg. God bless 'em!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

As an extension of a conversation on gabbly tonight, it was established that anyone who is a witness should make an immediate stand and leave.

If they have a wife and kids in the organization, screw 'em. Cast off your family like a snake sheds it's skin.

The greater good must be served! Make a stand, get divorced and lose access to your children. The financial and emotional devastation is nothing that any real ex-witness should be worried about.

We are all pawns, throw our lifeless bodies up against the tower. Happiness is a myth. Anger! Rage! Why should elders enjoy their families when others have lost theirs. They should know our pain. While you are still in, you are still one of THEM. You cannot be one of US. Liar! Hypocrite!

Cleared out gabbly in record time. I kinda enjoyed the conversation we were having before that. It was about using our meeting ties as props in light bondage and foreplay.

Ah well, enjoy the anger I'm going to go have sex.

• changeling
    changeling

I appreciate your perspective cabasilas.

Why don't they just step aside for health/work/time/family whatever issues and just go through the motions as regular pubs?

Not everyone can just leave or even fade because of family issues, but serving in a position of trust, like an elder, and not "practicing what you preach" is hypocritical, don't you think?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am not an elder, but I would like to point out that a person who is a 'prisoner of war' or in a country such as the communist nations when closed are no more imprisoned than a person whose entire family and/or livelihood is wrapped up in the org. Escapes take planning and good timing. You don't just start running unless you want to be shot on sight. Or the theocratic equivalent.

I am all for letting others be angry and having sex, myself:)

• changeling
    changeling

I am in no way advocating that everybody must leave or that everyone who leaves must make a "statement". I myself have faded somewhat quietly so I can stay close to loved ones still "in". But serving as an elder is in a whole other category. People look up to you, trust you. Personally I could not live a double life at that level, and don't understand those who do.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    Not everyone can just leave or even fade because of family issues, but serving in a position of trust, like an elder, and not "practicing what you preach" is hypocritical, don't you think?

Well then I guess I am a hypocrite. I am an active elder and I don't believe a word of it. However, I am careful that when I comment I say that "the Watchtower says..." or "the organization teaches...". No one seems to notice that I never answer as if it is something I personally believe.

I make up practically all of my field service time. As a result, my hours are higher than the national average and I am often commended for being such a fine example.

I feel guilty about this sometimes, but I just cannot leave the organization now. I have a family to think of and I just cannot tear about their world yet. However, I am working toward that goal.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I wont judge any of you.

It was me at one time.

I got out.

Stepped down first.

Then a rather quick fade with an abrupt ending.

This is proof that it's a CULT!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

to the elders who post here!!!!

Ode to the active elders who post on JWD. Kudos to you! You give us the inside scoop, provide letters & Borg changes to us in advance . . . all the while slowly helping your family & others who are still in the chains escape. You are like the Navy Seals!

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit