How Did YOU Find JWD?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I was very active on the old H2O site for a long time. Back when I was still involved enough so that I wanted to hide who I was.

Bill Bowen and I were talking on the phone and he recommended this site to me.

Been here ever since.

S4

• minimus
    minimus

Thank God for Google and word of mouth and of course Randy's site.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I hosted the old MSN altJehovahsWitness group. Redhorse Woman was a member and told me about JWD. Thanks Red', I miss you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Having found and read many JW websites I was looking for something more interactive so I was googling for ex JW forums and eventually came here. I didn't post much at first but a year later after I got over my loathing for typing I began posting seriously.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

My husband, Paralipomenon, mentioned it when I asked him what "Silent Lambs" was. Later I googled it and started reading. I blame him. Don't worry babe, I still love you.

Bobbi

• Cellist
    Cellist

I typed up JWs in google and found FreeMinds. From there I found the link to here.

Cellist

• codeblue
    codeblue

Scully and my husband reconnected after several years. Emails were sent and JW stories of what happened after he moved.

They had too much sad JW stuff in common: ex: lack of love from congregations. She promptly recommended this site, because you could find others that felt the same way without being critisized.

Codeblue

• outnfree
    outnfree

I stumbled upon the old H2O site because I was a JW apologist and was doing research. I read a lot, but posted rarely. I was too paranoid.
    I learned about JWD from there, but didn't post on this forum at all until I was finally outnfree -- in March of 2001.
    I miss Redhorsewoman, too, and a lot of that early crowd who have since moved on. In the early days, an operational chat room really helped posters to get to know one another. Of course, there was always logical to contend with...

out

• exwitless
    exwitless

Via a link at "Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses", the Timothy Campbell site.

Same here. That site was so helpful to me when we were planning our escape from the borg. It listed several ex-dub forums and I visited them all. I never cared for any of the other ones because either the format was hard to read, or it wasn't very active, or just plain boring. I quickly felt at home on JWD. It is, in my opinion, the best one.

Too bad Timothy Campbell took down his website. It was a great source of info and comfort for me.

• Amyfa
    Amyfa

When my friend told me he was a JW after 8 years of friendship and saying he wasn't, I needed to find out all I could about JW's, so I googled Jehovah's Witnesses.

I found lots of sites most anti JW's. So I read lots of message boards and settled on this one as the people on here were not just bitter they showed a warmth and friendship for others who are hurting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit