How Did YOU Find JWD?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

I typed in...."really annoying ex-jehovahs witnesses"...and voila...............muhahah....cough,ahem......byeee

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I had been offline for a little while and when I got my new computer I was looking for new JW sites, since the society had managed to obliterate anything I had known before.

I actually thought this was pro-JW site and thought WOW , its so great to find witnesses that felt the same way I did.

Then the word apostate kept coming up and I was like.......these people are not apostates!!! Not the way The society pictured them to me in my mind.

Anyway, that was in the beginning of '05. I went to a handful of meetings since then and I am still here.........never would have thought I would be here this long.

purps

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    LonelySheep, Prince helped you learn the "truth".

Yes!! Thank you, Brother Nelson.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Bizarrely, I'd just finished reading 'The DaVinci Code', and was intrigued enough to google something mentioned in the book....and here I am

• freeme
    freeme

at first i was lurking on a board in my language and posted there after some while. unfortunately it wasnt well visited plus i didnt found anyone who is in my situation (all long ex-jw who couldnt relate very well) and i feared to use a bigger forum in my mother tongue because it is more likely to have a fellow jw "accidently" visiting those sites and see my posts (paranoiaaaa). i left there and since i can understand english very well (understand not write lol) i searched for an english forum and found this on my first search. i came, i saw, i posted.

• erandir
    erandir

By the miracle that is Google. May the hair on its toes never fall out.

• DJK
    DJK

I went through an extremely depressive state for about four months. I had started a search for answers. Oddly enough, I didn't know the questions. Talking about it with a friend in February, who is also an ex-jw, she told me about sites like this one. This site was one of about four I visited. The JWD had a forum and it was very active. Here I am; send me.

Since I have been here, not only did the answers come, the questions came. Weird $hit yes? Fulfilling, yes!

Now I'm at the point of question first, and then look for the answer. The answer isn't solid yet. I'm not sure that it will ever be. I question Atheism and myself. Why can't I believe? Why dont I have in me a reason to have faith? I have had the same conditioning that everyone else has had, being taught about God and the bible when they were young. From a preschool age I never could believe someone was watching over me. Being raised as a JW, He, the supreme being, wasn't protecting me or other children. He was counting, all of the mistakes we make in life so that He could determine whether we should be destroyed or not. Ef him!

Recently I said, (I'm copywriting this quote)"Atheism may be lack of belief, it is still a belief of it's own." Gopher called me on it and I haven't responded to it. Gopher, for the time being it's an individual thing and maybe in the future we could unify it and prove to the world that it wont fall apart without religion.

Another question no one can answer is, "Why did God disappear and never inspire someone else to write scriptures at the same time the supposed scrolls disappeared?" Maybe God has inspired people today to write and spread his word and we just lock them away in institutions. I cant give into that "God is testing us" crap and I dont want you to try and convince me otherwise.

Surpressed for thirty three years was anger and bitterness because I was raised a JW and it started coming out here on the JWD. No one will ever know or understand how it feels unless they were raised that way. Because I'm no longer angry and bitter, I may move on from the JWD very soon as I see it holding me in that mindset.

Immaturity to maturity, youth to old age, it seems like it's all about change and humans do not like change. Humans do adjust, adapt or heal and it's the issue at hand or the individual that determines how long it takes. Survival isn't just about the food that we put into our stomachs to keep our bodies going day by day. Our mind and our hearts emotions need much more and it is often fed by many here on the board. I have been inspired and nourished more here in a few short months than I have in my whole life. If your eyes have been open while you have been here on the JWD, you dont need to question that.

DJK

• bluebell
    bluebell

Googled, trying to find ex witnesses after I had been out about a year

• knock knock
    knock knock

I uh, I well, uh, I innnnnnnnVented this site... Yeah, dat's it. It all belongs to me, Tommy FlaaaaaAl Gore. Yeah, dat's da ticket.

Actually I don't even remember. Just another link to another place, somewhere in (music plays) The Twilight Zone.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I found it when Fark had a link to it when the wtbts was suing Quotes for embarrassing them with their own literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit