How Did YOU Find JWD?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I remember thinking that I knew something wasn't right in the religion and I had gone through a lot of emotional stuff with my parents turning on me because I had just gotten reinstated and it just didn't feel right. So I went on Yahoo searching for what? I'm not sure, but I found this site and it has honestly helped me so much.

I know I wouldn't have had the courage to actually live completely on my own without this site. I don't think I would've been able to pull through emotionally without this site.

• changeling
    changeling

I googled Jehovah's Witnesses

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

You know, I remember the old H20 site some have mentioned and it was the first Ex-Jw site I was on. i was about13, 14 or 15 and still kinda believing but scared because something was not right with me but I didn't want to admit what it was....

So anyways, i was a total JW apologist and i posted something about all those mean people saying horrible things about the amazing witnesses, and how they were just bitter people that needed Jehovah.

LOL. Yeah, they tore me a new one.

Well anyways, i've been to this site a number of times and would read topics in the Bible Research thread, but I figured they were just "wrong" though the truth was they were waaay over my head and I was comfortable with the WTS copy&paste version of reality and the bible. I was on Thoms board for a while, but that was for folks who had already deal with their drama basically, so i was referred to JWD. its only been within the last year that this site has become a major part of my life. it's like, I HAVE to check it now, even for the silly threads.

• hubert
    hubert

An ex-jw I was e-mailing recommended this site.

Hubert

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The link from freeminds.org

• compound complex
    compound complex

While I was on FREEMINDS one year ago, I clicked on to "Net Soup" to read an article of interest. After doing the same several times over, I realized JWD was an entity unto itself. I thought initially it was just a little offshoot of FMs.

CoCo was Confused

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In it's own adorable way, the Universe brought me here.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I, likewise, find the Universe adorable. I find JWD indispensible.

CoCo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As a member of another forum, I frequently heard this one mentioned. I hung onto that forum trying to keep it going as long as possible, frequently referring to this one in the process (as well as other sites). Ultimately, the owner took it down when the account expired (it was not cost-effective for him to maintain a board when only a handful of faithful posters and a few hundred guests hit it per month).

At that time, I decided to sign up here. I know that here it is very busy compared to the other forum (which was typical: most of the other forums seem to have low volume). And I hope to be contributing to people finding out why they shouldn't stay Jehovah's Witnesses--hopefully I can put more ways for others to find this site via Freeminds or Google.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

When I had heart surgery nearly 2 years ago, I another patient in hospital that I hated being a jw. He told me about this site. He had a friend who was an ex-jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit