How Did YOU Find JWD?

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

See....thank Randy & Bill Bowen.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I wanted to find people who were either ex-JW or on their way out, so I could share some of my thoughts with people who might understand, and Googled Jehovah's Witnesses.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

After being out for 24 years I googled ex JW, waLa!

nj

• undercover
    undercover

When I first started to really question the WTS, I tried hard to look at only non-apostate sites (in my JW-think induced mind at the time). I tried to read only secular sites about Biblical history regarding 607BCE and about the flood. Once in a while a link would take me to this site, but I would not stay once I realized that it was an ex-JW site.

I also kept tabs on a website that linked to news items about JWs on a daily basis. Occasionally though it would link to this site instead of a real news source. At first I would immediately shut the link down when I realized it was an "apostate" site. Didn't want demons coming over the Internet cable lines ya know...

After a while though, I got braver and started reading some of the posts. It was scary at first. I felt like I was walking into a room full of demons. But then I saw posts from people that were not evil, hating apostates. Some of these people made perfect sense. Their posts were logical and reasonable. Their comments actually made me think more about other things that I had not considered. But it was still a long time before I ever posted. Even when I first posted I was still confused and searching.

• minimus
    minimus

Good, Undercover. I'm glad you got to read my posts.

• Emma
    Emma

Free Minds. Thank you, Randy.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

Pleasuredome,

You haven't been given the priveledge of the 'ring' yet?

I'm so sorry....

Rev

PS. JUST KIDDING! :)

• Honesty
    Honesty

I GOOGLED "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Discussion" in 2004

3 weeks later I fired the "Faithless Slavers" of the Watchtower Society for not disclosing relevant information about themselves in their "YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE ON EARTH" Book of Fairy Tales.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

rev, its been arranged for my induction next year

• restrangled
    restrangled

My mother shunned me last year in June out of the blue, due to a CO's recommendation.

I was so blown away, I just started googling to see if I could find out why or what was happening because I have been out since I was 18, I am 48 now.

Thats when I came across this site.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit