Race! Why is it important?

by Justahuman24 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    In Britain if you are from India there is a chance you will be called the slur "Paki" but of course they are totally different

stilla, whilst true, theres also a chance of hearing an indian calling a pakistani a 'paki', given the animosity between the 2 communities. the slur comes in the intent of the word rather than the word itself. paki means 'pure'. my thoughts on the topic; why care about anyone's race?

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

nvrgnbk,

I never said that lots of people in the Philippines speak Spanish. I said they are mixed and very few speak Spanish now. I think it's about 1% to 3% of people there speak Spanish and they tend to be older people.

About me confusing Africa, I'm not. Morocco, Western Morocco, Equatorial Guinea and Ceuta, in addition to a few other parts of Africa, were ruled by Spain and they speak Spanish. Look it up. Google it or wikipedia it. Just type "Spanish empire" or "Spanish language" and you'll get a list of countries or areas where Spanish is Spoken. Guam and other pacific islands in addition to the philippines also belong to Spain and although they do not speak Spanish anymore, they do have Spanish genes yet they're not considered "hispanics".

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

LongHairGal,

You are right in saying that lots of people from Latin America have Native American and African ancestry. But there are also those who are 100% of European descent, esp. in South America - mainly in Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Paraguay - because there was a massive European immigration there after WWII mostly from Spain, Italy and Germany.

The majority of Caucasians in Cuba are 100% Spanish. Gloria Estefan and her family are direct descendants of Spaniards. In fact, she still has relatives in Spain. Also, the Argentinian singers - who are siblings - Pimpinela are of 100% Galician descent. You can type white hispanics on google or wikipedia and you'll get a list of "hispanics" who are 100% of European descent.

justahuman - but super nonetheless

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

funny thing is that all skin color is a shade of pink

what you see as brown is not actually part of the skin, but something called melonin which is more prevalent in places where the sun is more direct...

everyone is really white/yellow/pinkish in reality...all one family.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JustaHuman24:

I am aware of the many people of 100% European descent in South America that are from fairly recent immigration from Europe. And I believe that these are the ONLY 100% European descent people there.

However, I cannot agree with you that most of the caucasians in Cuba are 100% Spanish UNLESS they are descended from Spaniards who RECENTLY immigrated there within the last century. I do not believe that after 500 years of race mixing in all of Latin America that there are any "pure Spaniards" left - even among the highest members of the upper class.

I believe even the "whitest" person there has some indigenous ancestry even from three centuries ago. They are very much in denial of this fact. A lot of the wealthier citizens choose a "white" European mate from abroad. This just further "whitens" the gene pool.

As I mentioned on my previous post, I have read race board posts on this topic and the people get positively mental over this issue, so I have no wish to argue over this.

LHG

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The people or creatures that rule this world do so under a policy of divide and conquer. They want people seperated and fragmented and fighting amongst themselves over petty differences to take the focus off the rulers and the shenanigans they commit.

The above explination is my favorite theory

posibility number 2. Everybodys looking for a hand out a free ride. If you dont mark white on your application you have a lot of freebies coming your way. You dont get anything in Amerika for being white. No job, no free school. No free health care. No free food. Maybe my number 2 supports my number 1. My favorite theory.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    There are many people in Africa and the Philippines who speak Spanish because they were ruled by Spain for hundreds of years.
    I never said that lots of people in the Philippines speak Spanish. I said they are mixed and very few speak Spanish now. I think it's about 1% to 3% of people there speak Spanish and they tend to be older people.

Did you contradict yourself there?

You're losing me here, justahuman - but super nonetheless.

Your tone is a little arrogant for my liking, your facts are jumbled, and I haven't the slighest idea what your point is.

You seem to be going on and on about the European purity of some "hispanics".

I know Pimpinela, saw them in concert in Miami Beach. Nice South American pop music.

You're saying they should not be considered hispanic because they are white and trace their ancestry directly to Spain?

You want me to google.

Have you googled hispanic?

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

WOW, a little arrogant for my likeing? Just because you have been on this board for about 6 months (no life, with about 34 posts a day) doesn't mean your the resident expert about anything or anything as it appears from your posts.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    WOW, a little arrogant for my likeing? Just because you have been on this board for about 6 months (no life, with about 34 posts a day) doesn't mean your the resident expert about anything or anything as it appears from your posts.

Thanks.

• ImFreeNow
    ImFreeNow

Your Welcome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit