OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Here is my answer to refute all of this:

1. Where ever two or more of you are gathered in my name, there I am in your midst.

2. Paul, who was a FDS in his time, praised the Berians for doing their own independent research on his talks to make sure he was not lying to them.

3. Use your powers of reasoning.

4. Paul quit thinking like a babe and began thinking like a man. Babies need to be told everything. Adults do their own thinking.

5. Make sure of all things. Hold fast to what is true. I am sure that the word "make sure" is a verb requiring action on our part.

6. Keep on exhorting one another and building one another up all the more so as the end draws near. Or some such thing.

7. Pray for understanding and then the one who answers in secret will...do something like make your paths straight. I don't have a Bible with me.

8. The holy spirit will guide or direct you. I'm sure there is a scripture that supports this.

9. Do not be lording it over the congregation. Too much control and bossiness by elders.

10. ...those lead along by every wind of teaching.

11. Blind guides and followers. They follow each other into a pit.

12. One man sharpens the face of another.

There is more but I can't remember all of the scriptures that flat out prove their counsel wrong. Too many to count.

With love, Chenoa

• White Dove
    White Dove

"They have the right to call you DA'd."

But do they announce it publicly?

That is a humungous question for my case.

Chenoa

• White Dove
    White Dove

Another one I just remembered: Something about sharpening your mental faculties. Help me out here, please.

Chenoa

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Do you mean Hebrews 5:14?

But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.

"Perceptive powers." Uggggh.

~Sue

• wherehasmyhairgone
    wherehasmyhairgone

I have been in a discussion with a family member who still is a JW for some time over the evidence against a number of science based claims the bible makes. Off the back end of this this family member has almost completed a 10 month project on a science website showing ( in his eyes) the failings of science. This member is very well respected in his local congregation on all matter science etc, and a number have been watching his website as it develops. This article I will bring up with him, as to even go and do this website he has had to a do a huge amount of research nothing of which was using the bible study aids suggested by the WTS. I will post his comment on here when i chat later on today about it, cause to me this flies in the face of what being a JW was ( when i was in ) all about doing your own research. Now you can only research via study aids, i thought aids were just that not requirements.

Glad to be out. one down , just the rest of the family to go!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Oooh oooh I got one that dubs used to love to quote "By iron, iron itself is sharpened." They used to use this scripture to emphasize the need to associate with persons that were 'strong' in the 'truth'. This KM kinda throws that idea out the door.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

BFD: You cannot comprehend morons. They don't have brains. JW's are about the stupidest group of people I have ever met.

They don't believe in evolution, but someday plant life will overtake them on the IQ scale.

• Louie Schabow
    Louie Schabow

"This member is very well respected in his local congregation on all matter science etc," What does that mean? I recall a very"humble" brother who always managed to mention, even in a 10 minute part, about how he was just a simple ol' brother from Kentucky. This same dimwit also stated in a Public Talk that the reason for increases in earthquakes was due to mans greed and pumping all of the oil out of the ground. Any person respected at a Kingdumb Hall for their scientific knowledge must have figured out how to make beer out of Windex.

• Nulite
    Nulite

You don't need no collig edgication. They teech reedin and rightin at the Kingdum Hall. Ax any bodi.

NL

• justhuman
    justhuman

Can wait to see the Greek one coming up...It is obvious that WT has a HUGE problem regarding indepent research, that Brothers they are doing...

The thing the really pisses me off, is that the Greek N.W.T is completely crap...I mean there is an "excuse" for the rest of the world, but for Greeks JW..NO WAY.

I recall an elder that was praising N.W.T. and he was really suprised when said in front of his face: "Sorry, but this translation is far way from the original Greek text. Our mother language is Greek, for Christ sake, how can they are trying to tell us that they have made the perfect translation, when instead taking the original Greek texts and translate it, to modern Greek(although the Biblical Greek are well understood by most of the Greeks), they translate from the English N.W.T.to Greek!!! Do you call this translation?"

Time is running out for the Old Guys in Brooklyn. People today in a newspaper they get more information than a person in his entire lifetime, from a person living in the days of Charles Taze Russell. People are getting educated, they see things from all the perspectives. There are online libraries, and so much other accurate information to get just from the internet, in any subject. They know that they are indeed in their LAST DAYS. The last days of the most mind control destructive cult that ever existed.

The cult mentality of the WT indeed it will bring them down. Instead of accepting their mistakes, they add more and more strict rules to their followers. As I saw from this forum, in the last DA they were against education...and this what the GB wants.

UNEDUCATED PEOPLE TO ACCEPT WHAT EVER THEY SAY WITHOUT QUESTIONING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit