OKM 09/07 (english)- Just another brick in the wall...

by metaspy 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm very late to this 'Postate Party. I saw the post yesterday but couldn't read it, so moved on.

Shame on you 'postates! Nobody had the courtesy to thank the Original Poster!

THANK YOU METASPY!!!

Open Mind

uh, so does this KM mean I can't play with you guys any more?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Another fairly recent change just came to mind to add to the list I made before of all the puzzling recent changes, and that is that you no longer need to write a letter to disassociate yourself, just by not being irregular at meetings or service they have the right to call you disassociated.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• snowbird
    snowbird

Another fairly recent change just came to mind to add to the list I made before of all the puzzling recent changes, and that is that you no longer need to write a letter to disassociate yourself, just by not being irregular at meetings or service they have the right to call you disassociated.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

If that's the case, then I am disassociated. I haven't set foot in a KH since 2005. I have no intention of ever going back. The lack of love, gossip, wicked suspicions, jealousy, judgmental attitudes, etc., all contributed to my leaving.

When my daughter decides that she has had enough already, that will be Oh Happy Day!

Snowbird

• metaspy
    metaspy

Open mind, you are welcome. I am glad to do what I can.

My current cong is on the ball - my bookstudy overseer passed out the new OKM tonight!
    wow, now I have 2 copies. What to do with the extra? Frame it for posterity?

I asked the sister sitting next to me what she thought of the Question Box.
    Her response was "Who would be so dumb to do an independant study group?"
    Crazily enough, that was not the response I was looking for.

So I guess this one is going to blow over like nothing ever happened.
    Looks like we can chalk one up for the Kool-Aid Brigade.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I doubt hardly any JWs would voice any disapproval of this OKM question box with another Witness. That doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of JWs who inwardly disagree. I'd say there'll be more lurkers on JWD in a few weeks.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I doubt hardly any JWs would voice any disapproval of this OKM question box with another Witness. That doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of JWs who inwardly disagree. I'd say there'll be more lurkers on JWD in a few weeks.

• watson
    watson

Am I the only one here who reads the WT literature more now than while attending meetings? LOL.....no!

• under_believer
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I agree, I think it is about keeping the exsisting JWs. The new fluffier Watchtower is about bringing new ones in.

Why am I stuck with Open Mind's formatting ??????

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

More examples of opposing teachings...

*** w99 4/15 p. 27 The Collegiants—Bible Study Made Them Different ***

Their stressing the need for Bible study was in line with the apostle Paul’s counsel: "Make sure of all things." (1 Thessalonians 5:21) Personal Bible study taught Jacobus Arminius and others that some long-held religious doctrines and practices were not based on the Bible at all. When they realized this, they had the courage to differ with established religion. Would you have done the same?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit