regrets

by IP_SEC 51 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

You have plenty of time. If you can't find a like minded partner you can agree to raise a child with then why don't you adopt? Either way, you will never regret the experience.

I wish you the best,

changeling

• White Dove
    White Dove

Just one thing to tell you and let your worries rest: Ed McMahon and wife Shawn.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm 38 with two teens and am finding myself really wanting to get knocked up. I want another baby! I love what I have so much that I want more Being in college in my last year, now, it would be a very foolish thing for me to do, career-wise.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If you are loaded, you can look into surrogacy.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Lot of nice response yall. I know it's not too late to make a baby. It might just be to late to find someone I want to make a baby with.

Daystar, it doesnt consume my being. Just something I think about sometimes. You know what's stupid? What got me thinking about it was the movie Dennis the Menace

Crumpet, the minute I got a chance you just let me know ok. alt

• Ryan1
    Ryan1

I always wanted children but it was not high on my list of priorities. My career always came before anything. I was 36 when I became a father and no one was more shocked than me. It will probably happen when you least expect it.

• erandir
    erandir

So you think you're too old to find the right woman? Don't sweat it. A man's thirties is a prime time for finding women and getting married. Can I speak for any women here that wouldn't find a good man attractive in his thirties (past the immature, childish teens and twenties) with a good job and a house and the desire to have kids?

I hope I'm not delusional here, but my wife is attracted to me for these reasons (among other things ). We've been married for 10 years now, and it keeps getting better and better. Now we're at the stage where we want to start a family...past the have-fun-by-ourselves stage now into the let's-see-how-much-fun-we-can-have-raising-a-child stage. Well...actually, technically, we're at the let's-have-a-lot-of-fun-trying-to-make-a-baby stage.

Good luck, man. Have confidence in yourself, and that in itself will help attract Mrs. Right.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

IpSec - you will make a wonderful dad.

You have a great opportunity to meet someone and fall in love without there ever being the possibility of raising them in a 'divided' home. you're a lucky man.

So, get out there and go have some fun - these are going to be the best years of your life.

Kids are hard work but fantastic, life can be great with or without them. Concentrate on finding the love of your life, the rest will take care of itself....

SP

• brinjen
    brinjen

It's not too late to find someone to have kids with Matt, although I do understand your fears.

I'm 34 as well, biological clock is ticking... Mr Brinjen doesn't want kids though

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

This makes me very sad...

I'm sorry, honey...I'm so sorry

now if you'll excuse me...there's something in my eye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit