regrets

by IP_SEC 51 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I only have one regret in life. I didnt have a child. To have some little munchkin to teach about everything and see what they become? Its not too late huh? I would make a much better dad now than I would have before. Of course now the hard part is finding someone that you trust enough to have kids with.

Anyone else wait 'til late? What was your experience?

(edit to fix dumb spelling mistake so Tdog dont jump my case )

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I often wonder how different raising kids could have been had it been with a man I dearly loved.

You are young and have lots of time. And I think You would make an awesome dad.

purps

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

For men it's never too late!!

As for me I got started early, now I'm in my 40's and enjoying the fact that I don't have little kids to run after, or baseball, basketball and football games to attend every Saturday and practice.....Whew I don't think I could keep up with them now, I'm tired just thinking about it!

nj

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    For men it's never too late!!

Well 'least not biologically. At the same time I dont want to make a baby with just anyone.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

How old are you IPpy?

My first son was born when I was just 23. I was a dad again within 15 months and had my daughter when I was 29. I can see pro's and cons in having children both early and late. Hope you find what you're looking for man.

Nic'

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thanks PS!

Nic I am 34.5 y/o. alt

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Nic I am 34.5 y/o

Ach! You're just a kid.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Ach! You're just a kid.

isnt that the truth.

I would not want to go back to 18 again, but 34, yes! and do it all over from there.

purps

• emptywords
    emptywords

how can you regret something that is still unregretable.........give youre self an upper cut, and get on with it.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

IP - a friend of mine didn't get married until she was 30 (her husband 34) and they now have 2 little boys 4 and 2 years old. I say that I don't think I could keep up with little kids anymore, but that's because mine are older! If you can't fix yourself a "sandwich", put your shoes on, wipe your own butt, and meet me in the car - then you are too young for me!! (babysitting is different, you get to give them back)

There is definately a plus side to having kids later, when you are settled and are more financially stable. My kids missed out on a lot of "fun family vacations" because we were not financial stable. So, don't get down about it. I'm sure you will find that special someone and have some kiddies of your own.

So, eat your wheaties and get the roller skates out, because when you do have them it will be non-stop. But I wouldn't give the world for my kids or the experience. Well there is the oldest, I might be tempted to give him back , ok, ok just kidding!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit