Conversation with street witnessor (?) becomes elder infused

by AuldSoul 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I turned to chapter 16 ... the baptism one.

I think that was one of the things that finally shook my faith. I could not believe they changed the dedication vows.

I dedicated myself to God and Christ, not any organization.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Auld - You are fast becoming one of my favorite posters. Way to go!!! I would probably have been intimidated by that elder.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Nice,

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

That gave me CHILLS. Excellent work.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, right on! Baptism is supposed to be a show of your faith to other people, not to God. They also were not legal contracts of shackling people to an organization. JWs would probably say that the baptisms back then were only for the 144,000. That's why they got baptized so soon. I, too, had the same doubts about the requirements for baptism. No where in the Bible does it say all that stuff is necessary. When the Ethiopian left Phillip, they never saw each other, again. Phillip also never gave him a warning to resign from his governmental duties or mentioned an organization.

Cigarettes dirty the body, but the Bible doesn't include a dirty body in the DF'ing list. That list is full of really awful things, except for the fornication bit. That is personal. Thief, greedy person, extortioner, liar, murderer, slanderer...no prohibition on smoking or talking to other DFd people. I bet people did smoke stuff back then. Oh, and disassociation is not a crime worthy of shunning, either. It was never mentioned in the Bible.

Please don't think I even believe the Bible anymore. I do like talking about it for academic purposes.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Brilliant Auld Soul!!

I'm going to review this experience many times.

Thanks so much.

Open Mind

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Here! Here! Good job, that post had me grinning ear to ear.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Auld Soul,

Thank you so much for posting this experience!!! It just shows that truth can withstand any amount of questions and will be only faith strengthening...if you have the "truth" that is. Their "truth" cannot withstand any questioning, on just about any subject. It is so sad to think that the majority of people in the Borg, are just like this little old lady. Just doing what she is brainwashed she needs to do to earn salvation. Maybe, just maybe, she will be back one day on that very corner hoping you return to talk to her more, under the guise of street witnessing. You may stir up many questions for both of them. You set a wonderful example, and proved that we have nothing to fear when we use God's word for it alone is 100% truth.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, that was beautiful! Very nice work...

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

What an inspirational posting!

The direction to seek answers from the publications when a question is asked has always bothered me. I too asked many questions, and asked to be shown from the bible itself, and not a publication. In my mind, the only way to prove something was accurate was to show me from the bible the answers to my questions. How wonderful you were able to show the nessecity of it to the dear elderly lady. For myself this very issue was one of the many that caused me to lose faith in what I was taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit