Conversation with street witnessor (?) becomes elder infused

by AuldSoul 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• PEC
    PEC

When does the class AuldSoul 101(how to bring down the witless) start?

Philip

• TheListener
    TheListener

So this is what you do with your free time? make elderly ladies question their faith? Embarrass elders in front of the flock and worldly priests?

THAT WAS THE MOST UPLIFTING STORY I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME.

I really appreciate you posting that.

Keep up the good work and keep helping us to learn how to discuss similar subjects.

• Sheri
    Sheri

I have had the same experience when visiting my sister in June and a JW called on her to drop off the brochsure on Follow the Chirst, the only expression was "deer caught in the headlights" when she truly expected to just drop off the brochure and exit, but I was ready and had my questions. If the Big A happened today would anyone other than a JW be alive, of course she said it was up to Jehovah. Which I say NO you may want to read your own literature, you MUST BE A JW to survive. When I said it was interesting brochure to follow Christ but really are you covered by his ransom sacrifice, she said YES, I said you may want to read your own literture. Then she asked if was a former JW which I said No,but that I was a student of the Bible, (because I am still considered a JW but inactive). So I asked her when was she baptized and she said in 1995 and I said will then you really do have a lot to learn, her car group pulled up and I wished her well, said to put her CD in and do a seach on "Salvation" and start from there.

I then a couple weeks ago my dear former book study conductor stopped by with CO to inviite me to the Special Talk Sunday I think he expected me to say yes thank you and close the door but I invited them in to have a seat. I was assuming he had told the CO about me and they were prepared but I was wrong, he just mentioned I was irregular! Oh Gosh that is a mild statement to say the least and my former Bible study conductor knows that! Well I was being nice until he said the statement "let's be honest we would like to see you at the meetings" I just had to say "LET BE HONEST" and I started on my journey begining in 2004 assemby listening to an elder say how many would be alive gthe next day after the Big A . He was surpirsed that this was in 2004 and then I said to the my elder friend, that he hadsn't told him about me? Which he then apologized to the Co for not doing so. Well we went forward from there and I had a wonderful time with them both. Of course this lead to the Big Question: Do you belive in the the faithful and discreetful salve? I said I believe that they believe they are but it is not for me to to say they are wrong. We each have the right for our own beliefs. I said that in LIGHT of the new information in the Frequenty Asked Questions the Annointed have no more Holy Spirit than anyone else so where is this "sole channel" and the CO looked consfused , so I reminded him the FAQ in the last few months. I said so where is this sole channel if we all really do have the same spirit and do not expect to be treated differently. He said it was "collectively" when the holy spirit worked, so then I said are you telling me that individually there is no more holy spirit for annointed then say me, but when they come together in a room all 12 collectively then the holy spirit flows. He the tried to explain Act and the circumisim and the elders coming together "collectively" to decide, which I said yes there was an issue and the group made a descison. PERIOD... I brought up the 607 date and he said yes the society is acknowledging this may be, I thought that was very interesting, but in light of recent NEW LIGHT I can see where we are going. (soon to exist the keeping track of the annointed). well the car group came to the door as they had other appointments. YOU know how important to attend to the flock so they had to run after a NEW sheep. Oh yes he asked me if I still considered myself a Jehovah Witness? I said I am not DF and I have not DA myself and then I shrugged my shoulder and looked him in the eye and the conversation stopped. Well the sister came to the door looking for them and off they went to find the NEW SHEEP, those that have no questions.

I can't help to think that this elder will be getting some heat for not doing his part in keeping me in control but have not heard back from them.

It is so weird being on the outside looking in.

Peace and Love,

Sheri

• blondie
    blondie

One reason this was so successful is that the older woman did not shut down right away. I bet she never reads a scripture the same way at the KH, at least not those. Also, you and they stayed pretty much to one subject and didn't jump all over another jw tactci when the going gets rough.

Good for you, AS.

Blondieii

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows that the JWs thrive on people's ignorance once they come across someone that has a good grasp of the subject they are hopeless, what they stand up for can not be defended. Usually they get over it by by simply ignoring those they can't argue with ie they never go back to them. If most people were well grounded in Christianity the JWs wouldn't have a chance to make members except a few.

True enough the JWs want to do too much teaching and leave too little space for the Paraclete to teach and guide the individual. It should be the other way round, teach a little and let the Spirit do the rest.

• emptywords
    emptywords

I will be asking those questions myself when I get the elder visit....want to keep a copy of what you said if you don't mind.....I can imagine them saying oh it is only for the anointed the great crowd need help, we get all the info from the FDS and have to listen to Gods channel, I bet they say that. and they will probably read me Mth 24: 45,46

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

great job! you are so stealthy with your words! lol

• BFD
    BFD

I hope that little old lady was my mother. You didn't happen to be in the NYC area when this happened, did you? I could never keep my cool like that. I tend to get all riled up/confused by JW double-speak and then I wind up looking like a deer in headlights. Great work.

BFD

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

That deserves a Hasselhoff:

Great job

-ithinkisee

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Encourages me to speak up when oppurtunity knocks.

No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Way to follow da main man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit