poppers

"what does Elder smell like?"

I'll bet it's like Old Spice.

• amen
    amen

Beautifull, i love it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Sometimes things just work out perfectly. What I particularly appreciated is the rapport between you and the little old lady - I was glad she actually listened, and that you weren't snotty or superior toward her. I don't even know her, but I hope she is OK. I hope she is delighted to be enlightened, not devastated to find out her religion is false.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

AuldSoul,

There is no complement I can add that is equal or better than those already extended to you from others. I simply can't resist throwing another your way.

As a sports enthusiast -- A home run, a touchdown, a service ace, a hole-in-one.

Len Miller

• 1914!
    1914!

Bravo! What a great story!

• fedorE
    fedorE

Simple, polite, and a hard swallow for the elder. Excellent. Take the rest of the day off.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I only used the arguments that I have posted on this forum previously, it was just in real life. It worked exactly as beautifully as I thought it would. The elder has never been taught a response for those points because the Reasoning book doesn't HAVE those points. The Watchtower Society has never commented on those points. And they can't respond on their own, can they? Not without permission from "mother", right?

What I didn't do was address the things he was ready for.

This is what I've been saying all along. (To myself anyways. :) ) Talk to the JWs about the trinity, hellfire, ransom, end times, etc... and they have answers they can parrot. More than that, they have the fervor of conviction because it has been hammered into their brains over and over and over...

Instead, by addressing something they don't really cover in publications or the "Reasoning" book, they have to access their own reasoning ability to try to reply, instead of just accessing rote and memory. Fantastic. We had my dad over for dinner tonight. I tried to do something similar... just slipping around the edges of reason. Not nearly so effective as what you were doing, but interesting still.

• bebu
    bebu

Wonderful!

You were prepared, but the whole conversations was motivated by really caring about the people in front of you. That's what really shined through and brought light into the dark.

(Hey, I hope you are enjoying your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

bebu

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Well done.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My word for the week is Fabulous! Which you were here. If I hadn't been reading your posts for ages, I would have thought it too good to be true, but there is some history here. . .I believe it. Ah, if only I could be so cool one day:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit