Do YOU Believe Everything That Posters Say Here?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

yeah my pic is me

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I sent you that info so that you could peruse and see what's good. Personally, I love restaurants and bars on 8th and 9th Av. near Hell's Kitchen. I love the Marriott Marquis. In the Village, I enjoy Cafe Wha for the best house band in NYC. There's a great sandwich shop directly across from the NYTimes building----open 24 hours a day. I hope this info helps you out for your next visit.

• eclipse
    eclipse

my avatar is my pet

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK Red Dot, I can't take it any more!

I'm really a 40 year old virgin who works in the Service Department at Patterson. My loyal-dub wife and kids are all fabrications. All my sexual partners could be counted on one hand. Come to think of it, it is just "one hand".

Unfortunately, Uncle Jaracz has condemned me to a career of dwelling here in JWD Tartarus just waiting for a soft apostate under-belly to be exposed. Then he can come along with his oversized toe-nail clippers and rip it open.

Phew!! Glad I finally got that off my chest.

Closed (Borg-Monitor) Mind

p.s. Will anybody still talk to me?

• TopHat
    TopHat

I feel this way: I believe some posters or trolls, make up stories to see the reaction they can get out of us!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

but isn't that the point of every new topic, to see what kind of reaction or opinions are generated?

• erandir
    erandir

Wow...I can sure sense the paranoia. Is that a left over feeling from when some of you were witnesses? Let it go.

If it helps any to know...I, for one, only post what I honestly believe to be true mixed in with a little sarcasm or an attempt at wit. I'm not a big fan of embellishing things and try hard to resist that. I find that trait to be repulsive when I see it in others, so I do my best not to emulate it.

This is a fun place to be, and I really enjoy "associating" with like-minded individuals here. It's such a good thing to have after the let-down and disappointment I have experienced with the organization. I don't want to start nitpicking this forum apart.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't believe EVERYTHING that anyone says................I weigh it carefully with what I already know and can confirm.

Blondie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Min,

Sorry to take so long to reply. I just got back on the forum again, today (if I remember correctly ).

Hey, how about that! I checked and it was right! But if it hadn't been it wouldn't have been a lie. It would have been a faulty memory.

Another example is the conversation I had with my brother two nights ago. I was trying for almost 3 hours to help him come up with different approaches that might reach his daughter (my neice) and keep her from deciding to stop talking with him when and if she gets baptized.

A 3 hour conversation is going to cover a lot of territory. A verbatim, word-for-word accounting would be a VERY long post. Due to the exploratory nature of the conversation, I might accurately relate parts in one thread that seem to contradict parts I relate in another thread, and both be completely accurate. Or I might remember the conversation differently, later, not having a tape recorder wired to me wherever I go.

As another example, as I was leaving (over the course of more than a year) several things became important to me, many of them taking turns being the most important realizations (during various conversations) I discussed with my Presiding Overseer dad, my mom, my sister, the body of elders in Albany, GA, and the CO at the time (Bro. Griffiths). Depending on which conversation I am referencing and the point of my departure at the time, I might seem to contradict myself in two posts in the same thread.

Sometimes, I am sure, active JWs misrepresent themselves here as ex-JWs or fading. Sometimes ex-JWs or non-JWs pretend to have had status in the org or friends in the org that they never had. Sometimes posters ask for help in lying from other posters, obviously they aren't troubled enough by lying to keep them from doing it. Since I know for sure these things have happened, I am reasonably sure that some reports from poster's personal lives are intentionally "spiced" with more dire or delightful events than ever really happened.

In any sizable group of humans there will be representation for everything ranging from the highly honorable and respectable to the excessively deceitful and despicable. JWD is a sizable group of humans, but my sense is that there is a lower percentage of the latter than could be found in the world at large, or even in the organization I left. I think a very high percentage of posters here are at least honorable and nearly everyone I have interacted with here is respectable.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow Open mind!

I too am in the Service Dept!

Isn't Jehovah a wonderful and loving God?!

It's sad to think that all these filthy apostates will soon be destroyed in Armageddon. *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit