JOBLESS COUPLE HAVE 12 KIDS AND GET A $1,000,000 FREE HOME

by Mary 204 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary
    Gill said: in the UK there is a WORKING POPULATION shortage simply because our population is ageing and there are NOT ENOUGH children being born here any more to replace the retiring elderly people.

Gill we (apparently) have the same problem here in Canada and the USA. I'm not sure if you guys have mandatory retirement at 65 over there, but recently here in Canada, that law changed, which is a good thing. There are many people who do not want to retire at 65----they want to keep working, so the government finally changed the law on this. I know of two men in my department alone who are thrilled that they can now continue to work till they're 70 or 75 and not be forced to fall out of the workforce. Therefore, it only stands to reason that if people are working AND living longer, then we don't need as many people to take their place.

• frozen one
    frozen one

you don't automatically pay 40% tax, its only people who are in a high wage bracket who will be paying that.

Paying 40% in taxes is not just for those in high tax brackets. My last paycheck, I paid 32% in tax - federal and state income tax, social security, and medicare. Add in property taxes, various government "fees" which are taxes, and consumption taxes (sales, fuel, telephone, etc), a single, childless person paying 40% tax is not far fetched.

The biggest problem I have with stories like this one is it is an extreme example. Next week another story could run about a family of 14 that starved to death because the same government agency failed them completely. Either story would cause citizens to shake there head and say, "That's not what we are paying for."

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

With regards to be being 'wrong' to redistribute fortune, I don't agree with the amount of money some people apparently 'earn'. But then I have a more communist out look on the whole thing.

Well I hardly think it funny refer to things which took place in Nazi Germany where people died because of eugenics. But then I generally don't find things like that funny :P!

With regards to the third world, the majority of the money sent over there is eaten up by admin and such like, these so called charities aren't actually getting the money there. And on top of it these countries are already in debt. I refuse to support Oxfam because the fact is they are sponsored by the world bank who keep third world countries in the predicament they are in.
    On top of it these countries are in such a predicament because of western countries. Westerners went in, stole the resources of these countries and enslaved the people of these countries.

We do need more children, Yes the population is aging. People put off having children in favour of careers, and then find they are too old to have them, so we end up with childless wealthy couples.

Faery :)

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

The problem in England, as described by Gill is also found in Canada. Our population is aging and so few young ones to take their place ... thus supporting the future.

The answer our government has found is to allow much immigration. We soon will be the Bangladesh of the North. Nothing wrong with that ... they are a hard working, productive people.

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

With regards to the tax, I might only be thinking of the UK, laws about tax differ from country to country and I don't know American ones.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Mary

You outline the problem our government has made................whilst making sure that nobody goes without food, shelter or clothing.........and the case of this family is extreme in that it isnt normal over here for people receiving benefits to get such a grand house (its beacause there are so many of them, it would be difficult to immediately rehouse them together in normal council homes).............they have neglected to think about the long term consequence of the system......

As I said early and you suggested if they had to work a certain amount of hours per week to qualify for these benefits.............it would make them accept responsibility for them and theirs, it would give them a sense of satisfaction and it would be a good role model for their youngsters..........I have suggested this times.......that those that are fit and able to work who receiving benefits should be expected to do some work...........and it would also benefit the economy......................unfortunately I can suggest all I like but I am not a politcian...........so chances are my suggestions are falling on deaf ears.

I know the thirld world is far different from the situation we are discussing.........but it was knee jerk reaction to what I considered a very dumb statement

• Terry
    Terry
    Murder is the taking of a life, a fetus is a child in my opinion, a fetus is alive, to abort is to kill, to kill is to murder.

Wrong premises lead to wrong conclusions.

By your definition the snipping of petunias is murder.

A fetus is a cluster of cells which, IF BROUGHT TO TERM, results in a human infant which, IF DEVELOPED WITH CARE AND LUCK, will become a functioning human being.

In other words, a fetus is a POTENTIAL human being just as the flour, eggs, milk, butter, etc. are POTENTIALLY a cake. The ingredients do not a cake make.

The failure to understand the difference between a potentialand an actual is at the root of your error.

You've formed a kind of masterpiece of fallacious logic by failing to distinguish the essentials.

Life is Life?? No. Life is a process from conception to demise. Within that process of assembling what will eventually become a thinking, learning, purposeful human being is transitional phases. There is potential only until it is done.

By pushing back the definition of meaningful humanity to the few cells clustering in a womb is to distort your conclusions and to attach emotional significance prematurely.

I would ask you one question which, if you answer it TRUTHFULLY, will abundantly illustrate the point I am making:

WHAT IS YOUR EARLIEST CONSCIOUS MEMORY AS A PERSON?

Now, attach an age to that memory, awareness and identity and you'll understand why your premise is in error.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Yes I would say that the problem is that too many people are not being paid a decent wage, and the people at the top are being paid too much. This results in people feeling it is not worth their while to work. Maybe you should be making a fuss about that instead, because if there wasn't that problem then people may feel more motivated to work. And again on the topic of having children, they say it costs £100,000 to keep a child over a their childhood, if that is true then most people should never have children. But as I know it costs a lot less than that. I personally don't see why there is so much a fuss being made with regard to this family, considering the amount of government officials there who happen to be earning over £70,000 a year, and basically they aren't worth that in my opinion. Remember what I say, I'm not to fussed what you say in response, its only your opinion, and mine to me is worth twice as much, this is something you learn when you take a degree in psychology :P! Faery

Your first point about people not being paid a decent wage to me doesnt make sense as the National Minimum Wage rises considerably each year - if people want more money then they should get better qualifications and get a better job! Its not rocket science. The family concerned have been incredibly irresponsible having so many children and this is a completely seperate issue from those people who are on benefits whilst they look for work or are too ill to work. The benefits system is there so that those who are between jobs or those that are too poorly to work get what they need to tide themselves over. It should never be a persons intention to rely entirely on benefits as a way of life. This would only the case where someone was so ill they cannot work again and in these cases society have a responsibilty to ensure that these people have a certain level of existence. I dont believe the people at the top predominantly are paid too much - in my view its about how much value is added by that person to the organisation they work for. If they add more value than they are taking then why shouldnt they earn a sum commensuate with their skills, responsibilities and experience? The family we are speaking of though add no value to the system and just bleed it dry. Where is the sense in that? I am quite surprised that despite your graduate status, you have failed to see the distinction between these two situations and judged between them. In as far as those with disabilities go, they now have more rights than they ever had both in terms of education, society generally and the workplace. Most of the effects of disabilities can be reduced in the workplace by adjustments made by an employer and this has encouraged a great deal of disabled people to venture into the workplace - most people with a disability want to work and are able to do so. The government of course should provide when they are not able. Gary

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

If an unborn child is not considered a person, why are ones charged with double homicide if a pregnant woman is murdered?

• Littledreamfaery
    Littledreamfaery

Terry

You definition of life and my definition life seem to differ on this point. There are those who see a fetus as nothing more than a 'clump' of cells, which is the basic point you are putting across. Picking at something as simple as someone saying their opinion on life and abortion. Well life to me starts at the conception of the child, just because the child has no accessable memories of their time in the womb or before a certain age means nothing. As a Psychology graduate I learnt a lot about child psychology, and the fact is children have memorys of before they are born, a day old child can tell the difference between their mothers voice and that of a stranger, this is something they must have learnt in the womb, so really to imply that a fetus is not really alive until it is born is wrong.

So really you'll find I am not in error. Of course the likelihood in you actually taking in and processing the scientific proof of a fetus being able to think and process sound, may not happen, but that cannot be helped.

This is one of the reasons why I am opposed to abortion, but also because I feel that life as I see it or the potential life as you see it is valuable, too many people are too ready to abort a child they did not want, well maybe they should have thought about what they were doing before the child was concieved!

Diamondblue

I have a degree in psychology, three A Levels and 9 GCSE's, yet still I am unable to find a job that pays higher than the minimum wage, you want to know why, I'm actually overqualified for the work I want to do, and not only that I don't have enough experience in the sort of work I want to do.

Maybe the fact is I have a different opinion on such matters to what you do. After all people are entitled to their own opinions. I do believe that the people at the top are paid too much, a lot of the time they are not worth half of what they are paid, so my logic tells me they are paid too much. Whereas £5.50 an hour is not enough for someone to be earning, this is the minimum wage for people over 21 in the UK, if you work 9 til 5, 5 days a week this is not enough money, not for a family to live on, maybe for a single person living on their own, but not for a family.

With regards to disabilities, people who have things such as ME, and as I have Fibromyalgia, find it hard to work due to constant tiredness and such like. Not everyone is capable of working. And those who do have ot find work and keep it, after all its not as easy to get a job and keep it as you might like to make out.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it can be seen that mine differs from yours :)!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit