Any videogamers here?

by R.F. 69 Replies latest social entertainment

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've got a ps2. I just sold my old ps1 on ebay last week. I LOVE video games but don't seem to have much time to play anymore though. I really really want a ps3!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I used to play a lot more than I do now. The next game on my list, and it's a short list, is Final Fantasy 12. At some point in the future I know I'll play Zelda: Twilight Princess. Silent Hill 5 is also on my list for next year. Still, virtual reality is no replacement for a real life.

Dave

• erandir
    erandir

I am a Nintendo and PC gamer. The game I play now is an old game called Star Trek Elite Force I that I play online with my older brother. It's based on the Quake III engine. Mario and Zelda games are my favorites, though. I used to play an old online text-based game called M-trek when I was in college 10 years ago. Anyone heard of that one?

• 5go
    5go

Looks like guild wars is calling me back with a new campaign. You might not see me much after aug 31st till I get tired of it again.

• Musicman
    Musicman

I grew up with games, and I don't plan on dropping them any time soon ^^. I had (and still have I suppose, lol) Atari, Commodore 64, Nintendo, Super NES, and a Sega Genesis while I was growing up, each when it came out. When I could buy my own systems, I went for Playstation, which was great, Game Cube and then Playstation 2. I bought an early release PS2 so after a few years I was plagued with the dreaded "Disc Read Error". I broke down and bought a new slim PS2 2 years ago.

Game-wise, I love RPG's. PrimateDave, I though Final Fantasy 12 was great. Nice story, great visuals and music, and very good voice acting and facial gestures! It surprised me, since FF10 wasn't quite there for all the hype it received. If you end up liking FF12, I recommend Star Ocean - Till the End of Time. The game play is pretty similar, only drawback is really long dungeons. I also love rhythm games. I literally wore out my copy of Amplitude back in the day, and I'm quite happy with Harmonix's new releases of Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 2 (which are both on the way to being worn out).

I was loyal to the Final Fantasy franchise, so instead of WoW, I went for Final Fantasy 11 online. If you don't already have friends to play with online, I don't suggest this game. You need a party or an alliance of parties to do anything really fun, and good luckk finding 6-18+ people you trust with comaptible schedules willing to do something so YOU can get an item, lol. I had some people I knew playing so it was pretty fun for me for a while, but it does get frustrating. It helped alot that my wife was playing with me. I stayed on for about 2 years, as it was pretty cheap entertainment... left behind a pimped out rank 10 level 75 Red Mage, if that means anything to anyone ^^.

Just last week I started playing Maple Story online. Its a 2D platformer MMORPG produced by a Korean company, and its completely free! Well, they make money by giving you the option of buying interesting items from a "Cash Shop", but as far as I've seen, those items are just for looks and don't detract from gameplay. Its good fun so far, but gaining levels seems to be a bit slow.

Hands-down favorite games: Megaman 2 and Final Fantasy 6. Honorable mentions go to Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Musicman

• ninja
    ninja

saddo that I am....I have an xbox 360, ps3, psp, nintendo ds and wii.....game that I play the most at the moment is crackdown on the 360.....I also play wolfenstein multiplayer on the pc.......p.s I got the ps3 free with a mobile phone contract

• R.F.
    R.F.

ninja, we must hang out lol! And what kind of phone contract offers a free PS3?!?!?!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

IP_Sec....shut it buckethead!!

psst....the's a gamer too...so ignore him

As for WoW...I'm on the Arathor server...and Skywall....and Suramar....and Runetotem. 70 prot warrior (my main). My son plays too.

Do y'all use Vent or TeamSpeak?

p.s.....the South Park episode with WoW is up for an Emmy award.

"Mom!! BATHROOM!!"

• ninja
  • R.F.
    R.F.

Thanks for the link ninja.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit