Demon Experiences

by gumby 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Demunz R REEL:

• gumby
    gumby

Undercover,

Your right about nobody ever giving a personal story....it's usually ALWAYS about someone else. To those who have posted their own experience it's always just a "maybe" situation but not anything profound.

KellyBean,

We ended up buying a "Clue" boardgame from that rummage sale, and went home and forgot all about it.

was trying to think of anything we had brought into the house. She remembered the rummage sale and I suddenly remembered the witchcraft book. We threw it out and it stopped that night.

I'm a bit confused. You bought a clue boardgame but you threw out a witchcraft book. I thought you said you "got away" from the witchcraft book.

Gumby

• Warlock
    Warlock

I gave my story on the thread entitled "My Haunted Office".

Warlock

• Soledad
    Soledad

Ok I used to believe that I was always being attacked by demons in my sleep while I was a JW teen. I would feel a very heavy weight holding me down and a "presence" in my room. I would try to shout but I couldn't, my body was completely immobile. Of course I did the typical JW thing and got rid of all of my heavy metal music and what not. But, I have learned since then that there is a phenomenon called night terrors that caused all of this. It's the opposite of sleep walking; your brain is awake but your body isn't. It can cause auditory/visual hallucinations and the feeling of a so-called "presence" in your room while you are in this sleep cycle stage.

The "demons" left me alone the day I learned about this and stopped believing in them.

• gumby
    gumby

Soledad,

Thanks for that post as it clears up a few things. Damn science....always un-doing what could have been a cool thing

I would feel a very heavy weight holding me down and a "presence" in my room. I would try to shout but I couldn't, my body was completely immobile.

This story has the same characteristics as many other stories and your link to "Night Terrors" explains alot.

There have been stories of more than one person at the same time who has said "they felt something in the air". I wonder if they both came to that conclusion before they heard the other one say that?

I myself have had dreams in which I tried to scream but couldn't. I just moan real loud and it sounds like someone is having sex. I've done that when staying with some friends and they all laughed their asses off in the morning when I walked in the room and I had to explain I have dreams like that where I moan real loud. And no, it ain't cuz I'm havin a nasty dream either.

Gummoaner

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The whole time growing up as a JW I was terrified of demons. The only time I saw something I was about 10 and woke up in the middle of the night. When I opened my eyes there at the end of my bed stood a tall man dressed in black that had a large globe like head. I lay there frozen w/ fear and must have finally gone back to sleep (I guess cuz I didn’t see him leave). Never saw him again. Didn’t think he was a demon though even then.

I’ve told this one before but for newbies - I have read every book Lilian Jackson Braun wrote in “The Cat Who …” series. The main character cat has physic powers. He predicts and helps his master solve murder mysteries. They are just light entertaining reading – never thought anything about demons. I gave my JW sister one of the books since she likes cats. She left it in her car. Within a few days her car was demonized and the radio would come on full blast until she threw the book out the window. She said I should be careful what I read!

My parents moved into a very old farm house they renovated after I moved away from home. My younger sisters grew up in the house and claim they have seen "things". Although I don't think I believe in demons anymore I have gotten uneasy feelings in their house and don't enjoy sleeping upstairs by myself. It may just be some left over JW fears since their house is full of JW literature.

• KellyBean
    KellyBean

Gumby: Sorry about that, I meant that we threw out the clue game.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Maybe it's the JW's literature that is demonized, since normal folks don't seem to have as many problems as the dubs do and most people don't see demunz.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Maybe it's the JW's literature that is demonized, since normal folks don't seem to have as many problems as the dubs do and most people don't see demunz.

I could not agree more. Jws, for all their talk about not getting involved with the occult, are the most superstitious people not in a third world country. Most people don't have 'demon ' experiences. however, quite a few people will relate to having seen ghosts or having spoken with a loved one after their death. So some of it is a perception of what they expect to see. if you expect it to be a demon then to you it is. if you are expecting it to be a ghost, then to you it is. Since I have come to view the spirit world differently, I no longer fear spirits. that does not mean I do not believe in spirits b/c I do, both good and bad.

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit