Demon Experiences

by gumby 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I have had some bad dreams in the past, they felt real, but I refuse to accept that they were.

My dad is a witless and he has constant nightmares about demuns & snakes and all that bs, I told him one day that it's due to the JW's beliefs in satan, demuns etc...he just got mad.

• KellyBean
    KellyBean

OK, the closest thing I've ever had to a demon experience happened when I was about 10 years old.

It was a Saturday after service and we stopped by a big rummage sale to look around. While I was browsing I saw a large white book with some very intricate gold colored words on the front. I specifically remember having to look closely to read what the letters said. Suddenly I realized it said "Witchcraft". Now days I would probably pick it up, lol, but being that I was 10 years old and had grown up as a JW, it freaked me right out and i got away from the book.

We ended up buying a "Clue" boardgame from that rummage sale, and went home and forgot all about it.

Well, very soon after (we're talking that night or just a couple days later) my brother woke up in the middle of the night screaming. This happened for nearly 4 days straight... I only woke up once while it was happening (my bedroom was upstairs), but what I saw still gives me chills.

My brother whose eyes were WIDE open ran screaming to my mother and literally JUMPED on her and grabbed her. He started yelling and talking what can only be described as jibberish or "tongues". It was SO SCARY. She would hold him as he shook and cried and continued to just make these weird noises/words. Eventually he calmed and fell asleep.

The next day, he didn't really remember anything about the episode, at least he wasn't scared or anything. When my mom talked to him about it, all he remembered was a dream about (his words) "a ball of light "rolling" toward me".

So my mother was convinced it was demons (big surprise) and was trying to think of anything we had brought into the house. She remembered the rummage sale and I suddenly remembered the witchcraft book. We threw it out and it stopped that night.

Demons? Who knows? But something weird seemed to be going on. I swear I'm not making this up... I can't explain it save for that it might have been "night terrors" (really vivid nightmares).. Weird that it would start & stop so suddenly though.

• dawg
    dawg

I want to meet a horney demon.... a really nasty horney demon...

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I want to meet a horney demon.... a really nasty horney demon...

dawg, are you sure about that? They are all males. Warlock

• esw1966
    esw1966

Our family heard footsteps on our ceiling and footsteps that would walk up our stairs. I had a figure appear before me and then disappear. I bought a bat out of hell cd and that night at 2 in the morning while sitting on the toilet in the dark the hall light switched on.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if hearing knocking noises on my front door, and then seeing two people with service bags and the Puketower and Asleep! magazines standing there counts.

• Mary
    Mary

What Gumbers isn't telling you is that he's had a demon experience. Not only that---it was caught on tape! The big question is: Which floating object was responsible for his experience?!

Gumpossessed.gif

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting that when somone asks for personal experiences, most everyone gives the experience of a story they heard second or third hand.

I've heard tons of "ghost" stories...from the brother who couldn't get his TV to turn off while The Exorcist was on. A buddy of mine's aunt had a vacuum cleaner that ran itself (I've heard of witches on brooms, but on vacuum cleaners?). A brother in the hall had a sister whose room would shake and rumble when she slept at night.

All the years of being a JW, not once was someone ever able to tell me an experience that happened to them personally, nor did I ever experience anything myself. (I did experience a couple of occasions of 'night terrors' and thought it was demons. After learning about 'night terrors' after becoming inactive I realized that's what it was, not demons).

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    most everyone gives the experience of a story they heard second or third hand.

All the years of being a JW, not once was someone ever able to tell me an experience that happened to them personally, nor did I ever experience anything myself. (I did experience a couple of occasions of 'night terrors' and thought it was demons. After learning about 'night terrors' after becoming inactive I realized that's what it was, not demons).

DITTO undercover!

I recently asked my father, who's been an active Witness for nearly seventy years if he ever had such an experience. He said no. "They only go after people looking for them." LOL!

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I have had minor sleep disorders in the past. I would go to sleep or be on the verge of sleep, become conscious and yet unable to move my body. That can be scary, but it has to do with brain/body chemistry and not the supernatural.

I knew a couple of kids that played with a Ouija board that one of them had made up by himself. They claimed to have had a supernatural experience.

I knew a non-dub co-worker who claimed that a possessed cat attacked him when he was smoking pot with some friends.

My father, a congregation elder who has often worked the night shift in the past, claimed to hear unexplainable noises when he was at home alone during the day. Apparently, my brother was listening to some "demonic" music that was the cause of the noises. I had moved away from home by then, so I don't know what to think about that.

Again, my father said that he saw a waving hand appear over my sleeping grandmother, his MIL, while they were taking care of her in her old age. Of course, they assumed that she had something "demon possessed" in her belongings.

I have played the Silent Hill video game series and listened to the darkest, blackest metal music (Blut Aus Nord) and have yet to meet any interesting astral entities. I've got Lon Milo Duquette's book My Life With the Spirits. I've got Donald Michael Craig's Modern Magick. Heck, I've even got a dummy's guide to meditation. Still, nothing. I can only assume that Satan has me right where he wants me. Any move on his part would drive me right back to Jay Hoover! NOT!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit