30 Minute Public Talk-CONFIRMED

by stillajwexelder 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

Rev 21:11

That's interesting. That verse says that the holy city, Jerusalem, will come down to earth. That means the 144000 will be on earth, the same place as the rest of us.

Verse 22-26 says that God (Jehovah) and the Lamb (Christ) will be on earth too.

Rev 22:3-5 says that the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city that is on earth. And that God and the Lamb will reign for ever and ever, from their thrones on EARTH.

This is NOT what the WTS teaches. How does the WTS answer this?

I don't really want to know. I'm sure is just a bunch of BS.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    dang.. I would have been tickled.. less time to be there.. and if I were still back in MN.. it would be time to rush home for football and not miss the beginning of the game!!

Sassy, I can tell you've lived here !! Vikings-mania was/is the second religion of many JW guys here (and some gals too).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It should give the people more time to get out and let the other congregation come in.

That could be a small factor. Wit hshrinking income having more congos sharing a hall will become a distinct possibility.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When the letter was read everybody thought it was going to be about the WT since it was at the start of that meeting part. It truly broadsided everybody and there were audible gasps in the audience

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The real reason for this- is to force elders to start from scratch on every talk so that they are less boring.

This is almost certainly a factor too

• lola28
    lola28

Could this just be a case of the Society wanting people to go out in service more? It just seems that many are leaving and not enough new publishers are coming in so how has that hurt their numbers? If you get publishers to go out for thirty (more) min four Sundays in a row that could really add up at the end of the month and at the end of the service year.

Lola

• zack
    zack

This is all in line with Christendom. In Touch Ministry, Joel Osteen, Dr. David Jeramiah, Crystal Cathedral---- all have 30 minutes "messages"

• garybuss
    garybuss

If they'd shorten the Watchtower Study too, that would square with only one magazine a month. All they'd have to do is make an 8 paragraph study and the current magazine content would be enough to make it through the month without having to cough out two more 16 paragraph articles in the magazine. The magazine size won't change because the current size fits the new printing press setup.

• zack
    zack

They need to eliminate the meeting FREQUENCY, not meeting time lengths. If they met twice a week v. thrice a week, many pubs would see this as an "easing" of their burden

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If they'd shorten the Watchtower Study too, that would square with only one magazine a month. All they'd have to do is make an 8 paragraph study and the current magazine content would be enough to make it through the month without having to cough out two more 16 paragraph articles in the magazine. The magazine size won't change because the current size fits the new printing press setup.
    Well if they did not have the paragraphs read (like at the Circuit Visits) that would save a huge amount of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit