Has your brain been re-wired with the "F" word?

by Gregor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im more of a shit kinda guy

Man that is the shit
    Shit man Im sorry
    Got any good shit?
    Sorry I wont be in today, got the shits
    NO SHIT??!!
    What a piece of worm shit he is
    He is so chicken shit

• Dagney
    Dagney

Actually, the JW's I was around used it when necessary when I was a dub, me not so much. I can tell you, third time in the Revelation book the phrase "Cedar F**king Point Ohio" was what an elder called it. And the phrase stuck.

Now I use it when necessary, which has been a bit more this week since I've been dealing with JW's and their issues. The phrase most used this week is "they are unf**kingly believable!!"

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I never liked listening to people swear, even in movies, now that I"m DF I still hate it. When I get mad I say shit and crap alot though, does that count?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I never liked listening to people swear, even in movies, now that I"m DF I still hate it. When I get mad I say shit and crap alot though, does that count?

OK, young lady, you need your mouth washed out with soap! Shame!

• seahart
    seahart

I am sad to say I use the F word. What I think is odd is when I am selling a job or speaking to certain people that word is never uttered. Almost as if it doesn't exist. But as soon as I turn to talk to an employee, friend, even my wife, there it is. I can't be the only one. Anyone else experience this phenomena. S.

• zagor
    zagor

I don't really use it often but when I do there is a "F" good reason for it and no other word would express it better. :) It is kinda like one word summary of a long sentence so instead of saying "you know I appreciate your feeling on this but everything in my body say you are wrong therefore .. blah blah blah" By the time you finished you'll be lucky if there is any air left in your lungs so it is easier to just summarize it in one or two words like "F... this"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have never uttered the word that I can clearly recall. Once - my mother was drinking and used some bad language - I tried to calm her down, and may have requoted her statements to her ears only. Other than that, I have no use for the word - though I admit that few words carry the shock value that one used to carry. Not anymore though. Pick up any movie and you can find even the former squeeky-clean actors and actresses using the word often. I wish that we could return to a less vitriol society, honestly.

I do use Bullshit alot - my brain is hardwired to see it for what it is now I suppose.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And, oh, this subject reminds me.

The fundy's hard rejection of even 'euphemisms' has become a turn off to me regarding religion in some respects. [Not godliness or spirituality as I regard these as very different]. I once visited a 'Christian website' in which the forum rules prohibited the use of 'Golly, gee, and OMG' in postings. I began to believe I was back in the KH again. I never posted and never went back.

Now I don't expect that Christian forums would be spattered with vulgarity - but this was a bit over the top and served to show me just how similar in some respects to Jwism many of them are in fact,

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit