Has your brain been re-wired with the "F" word?

by Gregor 47 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

"It's f****** up that no one has said f*** on a thread about using the word f***."

The above is a direct quote.

That's funny. That's not what the person i was directly quoting said.

How does one even pronounce "*"?

• Mary
    Mary

I've never swore in my life.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    How does one even pronounce "*"?

LOL you use your imagination, I know you have a very good one.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Was my post altered?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    or ill say "just pretend im your wife, im sure you know how ignore her, so you can ignore me too."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to borrow that one!!

7 years ago, my crazy, dumba## mother in law called herself trying to come after me for telling her off and daring to drop an F bomb in a sentence defending myself. Cursing is so against her culture, so I was told. Then she said, "get the hell out my house."

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Was my post altered?

You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.

• poppers
    poppers

From Parapilomenon (sorry if I spelled it wrong): "My father trained me that swearing was a sign of lesser intelligence. A more intelligent person would have a proper vocabulary to express how he is feeling. This is how I was raised and I have used the "F" word in anger about 3 times in my life."

When I was 13 I lapsed into using the f- word after a difficult year in school as a way of rebelling. I struggled to get over it until several years later when I finally mentioned it in confession. The priest told me what your father told you. Knowing that I was fairly intelligent it made an impression on me and I never had a problem after that.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I only use the F word if I'm really angry - very rarely in a direct reply or in anyone else's earshot. From that context, maybe it is something connected with 'lower', aggressive animal instincts from our ancestry which comes into play when our 'higher' sensibilities fail.

I don't like the fact that the F word seems to have passed into everyday vocabulary, it's just not nice to hear and there's no need for it. As I read somewhere else once about someone complaining that 'the f****** train hadn't turned up' - when was the last time anyone ever saw a train having sex anyway??!

controlled and uncontrolled sections of our thought processes. Hmmm...

• Mincan
    Mincan

I always tried hard for Jopervo not to swear... then I stopped believing and I try to fit in with my fellow humans rather than alienate myself from them, so I say f*** in at least every third sentence.... of course depending on who I'm with. Thanks to my brain developing without the word, I am able to turn it on or off with a thought.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes. I confess that it has but I am making an effort not to use it too much, because it sounds so uneducated. Like others, I am justifiably filled with anger because of many things. Even when I was active something would "slip out" occasionally and I was counseled by over-righteous JWs who didn't have this "problem", either because of upbringing, or just the way their mind worked or didn't work.

Not to make myself sound better in any way, but, I wonder if part of the reason I was so angry (and reacting to it) was because I was so sensitive to so many wrong things that some of the sleepwalkers there were oblivious to.

It is a problem though and I will try to work on it.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit