Did anyone here ever make the truth their own?

by slimboyfat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Only encouraging comments please.

Slim

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Looking back I don't think I ever did but definitely thought everyone else had

It wasn't for lack of trying though

Not sure if you'd consider that an encouraging comment

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I tried...what else could I do I was a born-in but failed...just didn't have in me...thank God

Josie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Yes, I don't believe in nonsense anymore.

GBL

• jibberish
    jibberish

I sure did try to, but life got in the way of doing 100% of what I always heard from the platform about what I was "supposed" to be doing to be a faithful dub. I constantly felt like I wasn't good enough and a failure in God's eyes.

How can anyone live up to being "perfect" and do as expected of us by Jehover aka the FDS?

Now the truth has truely set me free!

Jib

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Not sure what you mean by "truth," or by "encouraging"...

I did my best to make the WT "Truth" my own during over a dozen years -- and obviously failed.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I did for the first 10 years, (10 years old to 20 years old). I really thought I was in the best place to worship God. By the time I turned 20, I felt like a failure and struggled with this for 28 more years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I always planned to make the truth my own, but I never got round to it.

Narkissos,

I was talking about "making the truth your own", (as in the phrase, and with irony) I wasn't talking about "truth".

But since you talk about the "truth" I want to bring up that I am a bit troubled by the notion of hierarchical falsehoods you implied somewhere deep in a thread now long lost.

You say you can remember why Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong from a Christian perspective, and now know where Christianity fails from a historical perspective.

But the question is can you remember why Christendom is wrong from a JW perspective? Remember in the same way that you can remember why JWs are wrong from a Christian perspective?

Otherwise it seems you are promoting some sort of hierarchy of falsehoods.

Is Christianity a better quality of falsehood than JWs in your view?

I can't help finding this idea rather comical.

Slim

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How encouraging can one BE when you realize that what you devoted decades to being and serving....was all in the imaginations of delusional old men? I gave it my ALL for nearly 30 years, despite many feelings of failure and not be able to "do enough" that I was told "God" required. But I kept plugging away until the time came that the realization that I had been LIED TO about what and who the WTS actually WAS...was too much for my conscience OR my integrity to accept any longer.

How can anyone continue to live with the accurate knowledge that the Watchtower does not HAVE "the truth", nor IS IT "the truth" that they claim it is? It was encouraging to see that Jesus was waiting for ME the whole time, and that I now have an eternity to have a precious and personal relationship with HIM....and not spending a lifetime trying to please those MEN in Brooklyn, and pleasing THEM.

• thepackage
    thepackage

For about the first ten years after I got Baptized I really felt like I did make the Truth my Own. I tried so hard to do everything by the WTS book. I even missed my mothers' funeral becasue it was held in a Church. I'd always be out on service, never miss meetings, only hang out with MS and Elders, I'd would not associate with my "wordly" family or co-workers only my spritual brothers. However, once I realized this was not the Truth I dis-owned it. I still fell like fish out of water but I'm working on making my Life my Own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit