Did anyone here ever make the truth their own?

by slimboyfat 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

awkwardly phrased question and the responses show you can't assume you know what was meant by it. But, here's what occurred to me: I knew nothing about truth in any TRUE sense until I got out of the org. and was able to see, experience and practice truth in my life. Then I could see what a lie the JW religion is.

• blondie
    blondie

"did anyone here every make the truth their own"

I adjusted the WTS spiel to what I saw the bible really said and even managed to make a "comment" or too that was not easy to refute. As to the WTS and is representatives, the truth is not in them. It's the land of the Emperor and his new clothes and the man behind the curtain. They are really the WESAYSO Corporation.

Blondie

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yes, i made the truth my own. as soon as i decided to get away from being a witness. now, i really am in "the truth"

• juni
    juni

Is it only me seeing our Blondie getting younger???

Sorry to hijack a hijacked thread, but I just had to say...........................god I feel like such a trouble maker tonight......

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

ah, she's hot no matter what pic she puts up.

• blondie
    blondie

Just remember that the avatar is meant to reflect a part of your inner self.

Living In The Real World Blondie lyrics

Artist: Blondie
    Album: Eat To The Beat
    Year: 1979
    Title: Living In The Real World
    Print
    Correct

Get Living In The Real World ringtone on your mobile!

(Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, UH
    ONE TWO A-ONE TWO THREE FOUR!!!)
    Every day you've go to wake up
    Disappear behind your makeup
    Take away your calendar watch
    And you can't keep track until your heart attack

Hey, I'm living in a magazine, page to page in my submarine
    Hey now, Cindy, you can't get to me
    Need an elevator? Hey, I'll see you later

Cause I'm not living in the real worldI'm not living in the real world
    I'm not living in the real world
    No more, no more, yeah

I can be whatever I want to
    I talk to me, I even agree
    Every day's a holidayYou can look through the glass and take a photograph

You will never ever walk on the moon, leave your body and float through the room
    You could never conquer me
    Cause I'm not here and you're not there, yeah

And I'm not living in the real world
    Didn't I ever tell you I was gone?
    Didn't I ever tell you I was gone? Bye bye
    I can do anything at all
    I'm invisible and I'm twenty feet tall
    Pull the plug on your digital clock
    And it all goes dark and the bodies stop

Hey, I'm living in a magazine, page to page in my teenage dream
    Hey, now, Mary, you can't follow me
    Without a satellite - I'm on a power flight

Cause I'm not living in the real world
    No more, no more
    No more, no more, no more
  • juni
    juni

My avatar reflects inner peace -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U7wEctHyuc0

Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) PEACE TRAIN

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

ohhhhhh THAT BLONDIE. LOL I THOUGHT IT WAS A PIC OF YOU. LOL

• emptywords
    emptywords

I pioneered and was looked up to as a very active and spiritual sister for mostly 30yrs (on and off), I also really cared about the b/s and tried to be as helpful as posible, always love Jehovah, so I guess I made the truth somewhat my own. But I never really was able to have a relationship with Jesus couldn't really grasp the ransom, I thought to much emphasis was placed on Jesus in the churchs and felt sorry for Jehovah, I know I sound like a nut, but thats how I felt.

I was out for years and came back only to be floored by the back bitting, gossiping and unloving treatment of some of the r/f...I found the elders turned into suspicious spys, eavsdropping, the constand stringent rules, and the scripture came to my head all the time. You will know my true deciples by the love they have amongst themselves.(Jhn 13:34,35) (not by the hours they do in FS, or the good talks they give, answering up ect). This is the identification of true christians and congregation, that Jesus said to look for. I didn't see it. I also saw the bias of the elders to certain ones, the unfairness and injustice, I hated the shunning and just basically I didn't feel like I belonged there.

The research was a shock at first and I began to see that the failed prophecies were a true sign that Jehovah could not be backing this org, the child sex crimes and the heartless way that the GB dealt with victims, the indignant way they treated b/s after the 75 sham, the vaccinations and organ, blood and all the changes that cost people their lives and the Malawii political card rule that bought death and countless grief to JW's and families, could go on and on. Get the picture, cant deal with that sort of truth and stay in the so called truth.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

When I first heard that phrase, I liked it. Over a period of time, however,I came to the realization that the WTBTS was playing with people's emotions. Before I realized that, I would admire people who were soooo seemingly "spirit-filled" about the "truth." Although I vacation, temporary, auxilliary pioneered from time to time, and even regular pioneered for a year, I never seemed to have that spark or whatever it was, or it never really excited me to be talking about spiritual WTBTS things, although in my private thoughts, I always had that picture of the "new world" with me there. In fact, I remember at an assembly years ago, the speaker said "if you can't picture yourself there, chances are you won't be there." This carrot had been with me since I had memories (3 yrs. old).

I toyed with the idea of becoming a missionary for a while but didn't like the idea of having to fill out an application. I didn't like filling out the application to be a regular pioneer as well. So, after having my mind numbed for quite a will, with scriptures that painted the the society's vision of "Jehovah's" will, I started coming out of the fog, and realizing that a lot of the literature, esp. the Revelation book, stopped making sense as well as all the other stuff they were saying, as if they had privileged knowledge from Jehovah. OK, I could believe some of it, but if it was all from Jehovah, then I had to ask myself, why is he so anal about filling out reporting time, and all the other reports by POs, COs, DOs, etc., etc.??? and stuff like that.

So I guess I never totally made the "truth" my own or else I would have been so immersed in it, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit