Were your prayers ever answered while being a JW

by Grouper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Grouper
    Grouper

Did any of your prayers ever get answered while being a JW even if they where small maybe insignificant?

Pesonnally I never really needed my prayers to be answered but one time while the CO visited us I was going to work with him durining Saturady service I get there at 0930 but service started at 0900. I felt I missed my chance to work with him and show I was commited and I wanted to asked him how I can reconcile the fact I did not believe that Noah's flood existed globally with the way the society views it.

I left the kingdom hall Pissed Off thinking I FU*ked things up, so I kinda said to Jah well I messed up gettin some clarity to to my quandry. So I leave the KH and go down a street I usually do not travel and guess who I saw the CO with the group, I get out of my car and joined the group and worked with the CO. I thought to myself Jah came through big time.

The funny thing about it is that after I worked one door with him then did RV's I asked the CO my question about the flood, I thought to myself yes my answer will be given to me that will squash my doubts. But instead I got a response that sounded like I was bothering him with my trival things and therfore he would not even attemp to answer it. What a let down, the self serving ass could not answer my question so instead he coped an attitude and ignored it.

So much for your prayers being answered.

One more prayer that never got answered was with a reaccuring nightmare I would have. I would call on Jahs name to make it go away but never did until during one of my nightmares I though to myself WTF am I scared about demons when they don't exist and that what I was feeling which I thought were demons was sleep paralysis. Ever since then not one more nightmare.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Who knows? You got a 50/50 chance of getting any prayer answered either yes or know. Or maybe its a 331/3 percent chance. Yes or no or latter.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nope.

I came to the conclusion that either Jehovah didn't like me very much, or He wasn't real.

Either way, I realized one day that I had to make happen whatever was gonna happen.

Once I came to that understanding, things got alot better.

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

Yes, I asked to be shown if the JDubs were actually the true religion before I took the plunge...and from then on my eyes were opened to all they hypocrisy that was around me, I never got baptized

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome lies all lies.

Good nick.

• erandir
    erandir

No, but I do remember one particular prayer being answered at a bowling alley long before I was a dub. I was with my church's youth group and hadn't bowled a strike yet. This was maybe my second time ever bowling, and I was really bad at it. The youth pastor had us all huddle in a group and said a prayer to give me a strike. (I know, how insignificant and frivelous was that?) Then my turn came up, and I did make a strike on that turn and the next. Honest. That was really weird.

From an objective point of view, I'd have to say that it is more power-of-suggestion/positive-thinking than some angel directing my hand as I participate in some pointless game. Coincidence? Beginner's luck? Maybe I just focused more because I felt the pressure was on after that embarassingly loud group prayer in front of all the customers?

Maybe when I die and get resurrected or go to heaven or wake up in whatever afterlife awaits, they'll replay my life and point to that occasion and tell me what was really happening then. Until then, who knows?

• Hannah
    Hannah

Nope, me either.

Thought prayers were only answered to those who bragged about it on stage during an assembly part. A ploy to get those in attendance to feel as though they aren't doing enough. Do more and then you'll get your prayers answered. Yeah, right.

Really, does God only answer the prayers of a few chosen? No, that wouldn't be just. Are we not all his children? Absolutely.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Hei, Grouper,

Your experience with your CO reminds me of one question I asked mine in comparable circumstances. I said to him, in connection with the real low ratio of JWs to the global population (assuming at that time that they might be "in the thruth" [always hated that phrase]) : well if you see a clockmaker make 1000 clocks and only one of them runs properly, will you put the blame on the clocks or on the clockmaker ? He said lightly : yes but, what if the clocks are free? and then he pretended to watch attentively names on letterboxes, and whistled a little tune, ignoring me superbly. From that day on my opinion was settled that COs are just people working not for the flock's good but for the company that -cheaply- hires them.

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

I was once told that Jehovah only answers prayers regarding spiritual things. Like if you lost your keys and began praying for help finding them; no answer. If you pray about freeing up your time to pioneer; yes answer. After awhile you really can lose your true self if you follow and believe the entire mindset and bizarre JW requirements. It's an emptying of yourself, throwing away your feelings, turning your back on things that make you happy and on relationships that make you feel secure. No prayer have been answered here or of anyone I know. Q in Calif.

• zack
    zack

Yes. And now i'm here. No kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit