Were your prayers ever answered while being a JW

by Grouper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Grammy
    Grammy

Yes, in 2000 after much research and Many, Many doubts about JW's I begged God for a sign to let me know if I was worshipping him it the way he wanted to be worshipped and the next day my sister came to my house to tell me she would be disfellowshipped that Thursday night for apostasy and wanted me to hear it from her.

She was the one who first told me about the JW's in 1973 and was the most sincere and zealous witness I ever knew, I had no idea of what had been happening in her life concerning the JW's because she lived in another state almost a thousand miles away.

My other sister was with her and said she was disassociating after 20 years as a JW.

That was my answer from God as far as I was concerned, I disassociated the following week.

Sandi/Grammy

• esw1966
    esw1966

I look back on it and I do not remember any of my prayers getting serious responses. I know my sister heard her son pray for Cheerios and at their bookstudy at their home a 'sister' had brought 2 boxes of cereal for them, one of them being Cheerios and she viewed that as answered prayer.

Basically, our needs were being met and we were still at the hall so Jehovah must have been answering our prayers in a general sense.

Since my departure, I have prayed fervently and I have had prayers strongly answered. God does answer prayer in a real way. It just needs to be in accordance with his will.

I always found it interesting that my prayers were never answered when I looked to going back to the hall or to my ex-wife. But they would always be answered as I was being led OUT of jw. Quite resoundedly! That always surprised me as I was so convinced jw's had it all!

• thepackage
    thepackage

Never. I prayed and prayed for things to work out right and they never would. I housed a sister for almost two year when she did not have a house. People would tell me I would be blessed but it never happened.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

all religions skip over what jesus said about prayers. he specifically said not to ask god for anything, he knows what you need. he also said not to pray in public as the scribes and pharasies had a custom, making your devotion a public act. he said to go into your inner chambers alone to pray. sheesh.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Grouper, maybe you did not go out on service enough that's why your prayers where never answered!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yes.

Warlock

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No.

• thepackage
    thepackage

revoke

• Grouper
    Grouper

Pubsinger said:

You got an answer to your prayer. It just wasn't the answer you expected.

You thought you'd missed your chance. You prayed. Lo and behold an opportunity to work with the CO appears out of no where. You ask your question. CO can't/doesn't answer it. Years later you probably have an answer to your question but not from the source you expected.

Maybe God said "OK you can ask the CO if you want but the answer isn't there. But if it's what you want . . ."

If that is true my admiration for God got a bump

MeneMene Said:

No they weren't, but then I realized later "God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."

Can you elaborate on that

• lies all lies
    lies all lies

This is the last encounter I had with the "sister" I was studying with. I had moved to a new hall and was an unbaptized publisher but still studying. One day at the beginning of my study I asked why is it that the person studying doesn't ever get to say the prayer....the woman, a JW lifer looked at me like I was an idiot and said "I am praying to bring Jehovah's spirit to the study, Jehovah only listens to the prayers of Jehovah's Witnesses, you are only an unbabtized publisher" my response----Then why do I even say amen at the end? Her reply, "Because you are agreeing with my prayer" Then I said--- So basically you are saying that since I am not baptized, Jehovah is not listening to me, so its a waste of time for me or anyone else who is not a JW to pray?? She looked over at the other sister there and then said " You can pray, its just that the prayer will not be answered, but Jehovah knows then that you are making an effort" all the while the other sister is nodding in agreement. That was the last study I ever had. Thank God, he answered my prayer asking him to let me know if the Jdubs were truly the right religion even though I wasn't one of his witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit