Were your prayers ever answered while being a JW

by Grouper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

Nope.

But I stopped praying when I was pretty young...Elders in my hall were great at discouraging...

I realized it was a futile waste of emotion and time, I was just talking to myself it's not that I didn't believe in God,

I just figured I could not live up to man's standards, how I can I live up to God's, so why would God listen to a sinner like me?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Yes. And now i'm here. No kidding.

Same here Zack. BB

• greendawn
    greendawn

It wouldn't happen because the JWs totally ignore the right status of the Christ over the church and their prayers are in the same category as those of the Jews, their direct head is jehovah and not the Christ.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    Yes, I asked to be shown if the JDubs were actually the true religion

Prayed that many times, along with my wife.

God came through for that prayer.

welcome lal

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The answer is always the same:

NO!!!!!!!!!

Any time I needed something, Jehovah would always try to find a way to get His way without giving me the thing(s) I needed, usually with a lot more use of force and bullying to force me to do more against conditions of being negatively appealing to the opposite sex (I wonder how many calls were blown just by that; I felt that Jehovah deserved to lose those people if He would not see fit to make me positively appealing to them). I could not, however, see how they all deserved to die simply because of a condition that Jehovah Himself imposed--ultimately this, plus my vision of a new world full of men with my being the reason for that y condition, was what got me to see that Jehovah really wanted nothing more than for me to suffer regardless of the consequences. And as such, there is no way He deserves to be served.

And yet He still wants me to worship Him. And to the max at that--after being so stingy Himself. I can't wait until they see the Christmas tree go up this fall--and when they try to contact me, more of the same no answers.

• poppers
    poppers

"yes but, what if the clocks are free?"

Can an answer be any dumber?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Yes lots of times.

I believe God answers prayers of non-believers. Like they say - there's never an athiest in a desperate situation.

I find some of the statements here a bit odd tho

I left the kingdom hall Pissed Off thinking I FU*ked things up, so I kinda said to Jah well I messed up gettin some clarity to to my quandry. So I leave the KH and go down a street I usually do not travel and guess who I saw the CO with the group, I get out of my car and joined the group and worked with the CO. I thought to myself Jah came through big time.

The funny thing about it is that after I worked one door with him then did RV's I asked the CO my question about the flood, I thought to myself yes my answer will be given to me that will squash my doubts. But instead I got a response that sounded like I was bothering him with my trival things and therfore he would not even attemp to answer it. What a let down, the self serving ass could not answer my question so instead he coped an attitude and ignored it.

So much for your prayers being answered.

You got an answer to your prayer. It just wasn't the answer you expected.

You thought you'd missed your chance. You prayed. Lo and behold an opportunity to work with the CO appears out of no where. You ask your question. CO can't/doesn't answer it. Years later you probably have an answer to your question but not from the source you expected.

Maybe God said "OK you can ask the CO if you want but the answer isn't there. But if it's what you want . . ."

No, but I do remember one particular prayer being answered at a bowling alley long before I was a dub. I was with my church's youth group and hadn't bowled a strike yet. This was maybe my second time ever bowling, and I was really bad at it. The youth pastor had us all huddle in a group and said a prayer to give me a strike. (I know, how insignificant and frivelous was that?) Then my turn came up, and I did make a strike on that turn and the next. Honest. That was really weird.
    I was once told that Jehovah only answers prayers regarding spiritual things. Like if you lost your keys and began praying for help finding them; no answer.

Why would God only answer if it was a "spiritual" ?

If we worked on that basis with our kids we'd only speak to them once a month!

I think a "strike" or a "set of keys" can be very significant or "spiritual"

It wouldn't happen because the JWs totally ignore the right status of the Christ over the church and their prayers are in the same category as those of the Jews, their direct head is jehovah and not the Christ.

Well he answered dozens of my prayers while I was "totally ignoring the right status of the Christ over the church" and whilst I was "in the same category as those of the Jews" while I still believed my "direct head is Jehovah and not the Christ"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No.....me neither.....

There always were two sorts of Witness, the regular ones who coped with the reality of life and the ones who lived their lives in the certain belief that God was personally with them all the time. Some 'sisters' claimed to go through the day talking to God as if he were an unseen companion. One girl I knew would be certain that He had showed her a scripture because she prayed , then let The Bible fall open. It was a sign from God...

I never saw it like that . It was presumptuous to think that the Universal Sovereign would sort out things that were my own responsibility.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the day I asked God to give me a sign whether the WTS was truly from him.

That day 3 talks were given at the circuit assembly.

1) We should be like the baby elephant who is gradually conditioned to know that he can't get away by chaining him to a post.

2) Non-jws are corpses. Marrying one would be like kissing a corpse.

3) Jesus has no time for dirty pennies and would never pick one up he found on the sidewalk, only nice shiny quarters.

Blondie (free at last)

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

No they weren't, but then I realized later "God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit