Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-1-07 WT Study (SUFFERING END SOON)

by blondie 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks Blondie!

Enjoy the lovely day.

I hope you are feeling well.

• blondie
    blondie

I am better, nvr, but will nvr feel like I'm in my 20's again. Good thing I have a patient husband.

Next week, "The Resurrection--Is It Real to You?--Acts 24:15, There is going to be a resurrection (a real snippet).

How many carrots can you find?

Blondie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I asked a JW a similar question: people got the point a thousand years ago so why does God keep on letting us suffer? The JW who is doing my "bible" study told me that Jehovah wants to demonstrate how EVERY type of govenment and ALL attempts by man to end suffering on his own will ultimately fail. And Jehovah had to go all the way up to stuff like gene-splicing and other inventions that have just now come out - that's why we had to wait. But, now that everything has been invented and man still is suffering under his own rule, Jehovah proven His point and will end the trial shortly. - tioga joe
    Everything that can be invented has been invented. Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899

You need to tell him that answer is over a hundred years old and look at us now. I don't think we are even at an end of what yet can be invented.

Josie

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Thanks Blondie! Great job as usual.

• Watkins
    Watkins

[quote]5) First, if the person is particularly disturbed about the prevalence of evil in the world, it is likely that evil has touched him or his loved ones personally. It may be wise, then, to start by showing genuine empathy. The apostle Paul counseled Christians: "Weep with people who weep." (Romans 12: 15) Showing empathy, or "fellow feeling," may touch the person. (1 Peter 3:8) If he understands that we care about him, he is more likely to listen to what we have to say.[/quote] Yes, a wise move to make a show of empathy so they'll be sucked into it led by their emotions, played up all the more by love-bombing the new recruits. If they don't cow-tow totally to the WTS leadership, then dust off your shoes! True love is a seldom seen emotion - df someone and it can change in a twinkling of an eye to justifiable hatred.

9) Once you have laid such groundwork, you may find that your listener is ready to learn why God allows suffering to continue. To help you, "the faithful and discreet slave" has provided a number of tools. (Matthew 24:45-47) For instance, at the "Godly Obedience" District Convention of 2005/06, a tract entitled All Suffering Soon to End! was released. If this tract is available in your language, why not familiarize yourself with its contents? Similarly, the book What Does the Bible Really Teach?, now available in 157 languages, devotes a chapter to this important question. Make full use of such tools. They clearly explain the Scriptural background of the issue of universal sovereignty that was raised in Eden and why Jehovah handled that challenge as he did. Keep in mind, too, that as you discuss this subject, you are opening up to your listener the most important field of knowledge there is. It is the knowledge of Jehovah and his wonderful qualities.

Once you have laid such groundwork--laid the trap, it is time to spring it.

[/quote]

Yes, every false premise is laid atop another equally false premise - all built on the sand. And all hail what the F&DS has provided for you - hmm - that sounds so very similar to Moses claiming responsibility for the water in the desert - so they've placed themselves in his seat and are handing out the law now - knowledge of the law that saves, not Jesus. How about reading the Bible to see what the Bible really teaches? Sheesh... Gotta sell those books! Blind guides....

[quote]15) Could anyone in the universe address the rebellion with greater wisdom than Jehovah? Some people might propose their own "solutions" to the rebellion in Eden. In doing so, however, would they not be suggesting that they could think of better ways to handle the issue? They might not do so out of a wicked motive, but they do not have an understanding of Jehovah and his awe-inspiring wisdom. In writing to Christians in Rome, the apostle Paul delved deeply into God's wisdom, including the "sacred secret" regarding Jehovah's purpose to use the Messianic Kingdom to bring about the redemption of faithful mankind and to sanctify His holy name. How did Paul feel about the wisdom of the God who devised this purpose? The apostle concluded his letter with these words: "To God, wise alone, be the glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen."-Romans 11:25; 16:25-27.

They do not have an understand of Jehovah--Where's Jesus?[/quote]

They don't understand God either. There is no understanding of God without Jesus.

[quote]17) "God is love." (1 John 4:8) With those striking words, the Bible identifies Jehovah's dominant quality, the quality that is the most appealing of them all and the most comforting for those troubled by the prevalence of wickedness. Jehovah has shown love in every aspect of the way he has handled sin's terrible blight upon his creation. Love moved Jehovah to give hope to the sinful offspring of Adam and Eve, providing them with a means to approach Him and come into an approved relationship with Him. Love moved God to provide a ransom that would open the way for full forgiveness of sins and restoration to perfect, everlasting life. (John 3:16) And love has moved him to be patient with mankind, giving as many as possible the opportunity to reject Satan and choose Jehovah as their Sovereign.-2 Peter 3:9.

Where was the love when David's son died for the sins of David and Bathsheba?

John 3:16--the WTS discusses this scripture managing not to even mention Jesus?

Ransom is viewed as a tool not a person who gave up his life for us.[/quote]

Amazing - I'm speechless over this one - but shuddering....

Thanks Blondie, for keeping all up-to-date. It must take it's toll on you... I'm so sorry - try hard not to dwell on it... If I had my 'druthers' I'd never read another WT article - but it is beneficial to be aware of what's being said - it'll be the next new thing they'll use to attack faders and df'd, da'd ones. They lift cliches and 'pure language' one-liners out of each WT mag. Round and round we go.... I simply cannot wait for the resurrection piece - oh boy.

Watkins

• Watkins
    Watkins

I wonder why my quote boxes didn't work? Oh well - sorry for the tough reading...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Watkins -

I wonder why my quote boxes didn't work?

Because you cannot do it on this site using [quote] and [/quote].

Instead you need to highlight the text to go inside the quote box, and then click the little balloon up there next to the yellow smiley and above the bold B.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Another great comments ,thanks Blondie.

It all plays into their hands doesnt it, they talk about helping people in a sales training manner, and then suggest people are foolish for questioning, which means faithful JW's cant be foolish (clever). They come up with a 'theme' to the Bible which is never specifically mentioned, and really doesnt answer any questions other than those given by the WTS in the first place - well done for telling us a question that you've already come up with an answer for, how sincere is that? Its funny how God obviously intended to use uninspired books that have been changed very frequently to explain his inspired book???

CS 101

• erandir
    erandir

Q6, 7) Why might we rightly commend a sincere person who raises a troubling spiritual question?

6) Second, we may commend the sincere person for raising this question. Some people conclude that because they struggle with such questions, they are faithless or disrespectful toward God. They may even have been told as much by a clergyman.

Anybody JW (and JW's are the majority of the readers of this study article) that raises "troubling" questions about Watchtower doctrine is not commended. They are treated as faithless or disrespectful toward Jehovah (i.e., the organization). They may even have been told as much by the elders, and may even be told to just shut up about it (have faith in Jehovah, wait on him, i.e. do NOTHING).

I actually attended this meeting. My first in a year or so. We went to our friends' house last weekend. They don't know the extent of my fading, but they do know I'm inactive yet don't care. They recognize my old congregation is the worst one in the area, and they know my reasons.

Anyway, my wife wrote up in the margin and showed me during the meeting while we were studying this paragraph, "Why ok to question God but not to question the elders for allowing injustice?" Wow...there is hope for her yet! She was only applying that to our own congregation, though. She has questioned the PO and another elder about the injustices, but she thinks she may be viewed as disrespectful. I think she did great to question things! And according to this article, it should be ok, right?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I thought it all ended in 1975?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit