Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-1-07 WT Study (SUFFERING END SOON)

by blondie 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Hoping4Change, note this equation.

Literal Israelites = 144,000, FDS, anointed, subset GB, "spiritual Israelites"

Thus whatever was applied to the bible Israel applies to the WTS/FDS/GB today per the WTS/FDS/GB, who crowned themselves much like Napoleon did.

• DeeR
    DeeR

Thanks Blondie for taking the time to take that article apart. I was wondering what the Wt study was about this Sunday. Now I've read it and also considered your critique.I have been away from the JW meetings for a whole month now. Wow, what freedom I feel!!!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thanks again for that Blondie. I love the term "carrot"

Are you doing something different with your hair lately - you look a little different ?

AO

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Would it not be far better to stop murmuring and pray humbly for wisdom?’

Did. Did. Got it.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Thanks Blondie. Maybe I was a little quick to reply, but I had just finished reading the article and then read Tim Keller's sermon (which I thought was good), went to Deuteronomy 29 and felt that the "How sad!" comment was basically saying, "9/11? Ha! We know why it happened, its becuase they rejected Jehovah" (like the Deuteronomy example), which really bothered me. I went back and read the article again and I guess maybe all that was perhaps meant by "How sad" was "9/11? Ha! We know why it happened and isnt it sad that no on else does." If that's all that was being implied in the article, than my bad. I still feel it was in poor taste (but not surpised) to lift Tim's comment out of context of his sermon and a poor choice of scripture to 'puff themselves up', given the close proximity to what was said in Deut.24:24-25.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    If it was so clear why did Russell and then Rutherford believe that Adam would be resurrected? Didn't they have the holy spirit? Wasn't Russell viewed as the FDS by the members of the WTS?

I always found it amazing how 'simple' they said the truth was but yet it took them decades upon decades to figure it out!

Good job on this weeks post Blondie!

• Gopher
    Gopher

What was the point of the article including this:

Q6, 7) Why might we rightly commend a sincere person who raises a troubling spiritual question?

6) Second, we may commend the sincere person for raising this question. Some people conclude that because they struggle with such questions, they are faithless or disrespectful toward God. They may even have been told as much by a clergyman.

Anybody JW (and JW's are the majority of the readers of this study article) that raises "troubling" questions about Watchtower doctrine is not commended. They are treated as faithless or disrespectful toward Jehovah (i.e., the organization). They may even have been told as much by the elders, and may even be told to just shut up about it (have faith in Jehovah, wait on him, i.e. do NOTHING).

• tioga joe
    tioga joe

Inquisitor asked

How long has it taken to resolve the issue of sovereignty?

I asked a JW a similar question: people got the point a thousand years ago so why does God keep on letting us suffer?

The JW who is doing my "bible" study told me that Jehovah wants to demonstrate how EVERY type of govenment and ALL attempts by man to end suffering on his own will ultimately fail. And Jehovah had to go all the way up to stuff like gene-splicing and other inventions that have just now come out - that's why we had to wait. But, now that everything has been invented and man still is suffering under his own rule, Jehovah proven His point and will end the trial shortly.

• zack
    zack

My suffering ended when I decided to quit meetings!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Contemplate the talents you could develop in art, architecture, music, or other pursuits for which you can find no time in today's hectic life
    I like how they blame "today's hectic life" for people not pursuing these things, as opposed to them being discouraged to do so by the FDS. These people could all end their suffering now by just leaving this f**king cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit