Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-1-07 WT Study (SUFFERING END SOON)

by blondie 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Or perhaps you ponder the satisfaction you will feel as you work with others to tend to the earth and help transform it into a global park.

Absolutely riotous! A global park! Yes! That's what I want! I want every part of our landscape accessible so that I can sit on a wooden bench on top of Half Dome, drink some lemonade, and ponder the strange absence of animal life and the rapidly diminishing ability of regional ecosystems to remain in balance. Because, surely, the Jehoober intended this planet to be one, big park with carefully trimmed grass, edged walkways, and cute little cobblstone bridges as people in African-garb tinkle their glasses with a polo-shirt-wearing couple as their childen play with tick-infested fawns.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    I asked a JW a similar question: people got the point a thousand years ago so why does God keep on letting us suffer? The JW who is doing my "bible" study told me that Jehovah wants to demonstrate how EVERY type of govenment and ALL attempts by man to end suffering on his own will ultimately fail. And Jehovah had to go all the way up to stuff like gene-splicing and other inventions that have just now come out - that's why we had to wait. But, now that everything has been invented and man still is suffering under his own rule, Jehovah proven His point and will end the trial shortly. - tioga joe

And how do you feel about that answer, TJ? Does it make sense that God had to test every kind of government that humans could think of before deciding the obvious? At what price must humans give this God His majesty and Pride? If He must be THAT thorough, shouldn't He have done the same with Job?

Perhaps Job excels at feigning loyalty when the kids die, his masterial assets vapourise and his skin breaks out in zits.

Perhaps Job wouldn't do so well if Satan had tempted him with a big-breasted hooker? Rulership of the kingdoms of the world? Beastiality? Pedophilia? The possibilities are endless.... Why wasn't Job tested till he drew his very last breath?

DNA technology is doing very well, unless you have an Evangelical for a country leader. I don't know why Jehovah is being so nosey with the progress of genetic studies. What has that got to do with His sovereignty? Doesn't He already know how it works?

INQ

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

And how do you feel about that answer, TJ? Does it make sense that God had to test every kind of government that humans could think of before deciding the obvious? At what price must humans give this God His majesty and Pride? If He must be THAT thorough, shouldn't He have done the same with Job?

Perhaps Job excels at feigning loyalty when the kids die, his masterial assets vapourise and his skin breaks out in zits.

Perhaps Job wouldn't do so well if Satan had tempted him with a big-breasted hooker? Rulership of the kingdoms of the world? Beastiality? Pedophilia? The possibilities are endless.... Why wasn't Job tested till he drew his very last breath?

LOL That is hilarious!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OPENING COMMENTS

Yes, all suffering caused by humans that the WTS views as rejected by God will end because they teach that all non-jws will soon die at Armageddon. But what about the suffering caused by the WTS and their representatives that the WTS will survive?

So this is just another "Jehovah will destroy 99.9% of the population, and the remaining 0.1% will have
    plenty of land, food, housing, etc." article.

• heathen
    heathen

Well all I know is the bible says God will destroy the world with fire the second time just as he did with water the first , so how the hell is anybody going to survive that without leaving the planet or being changed into a spirit ? They seem to enjoy denying the GC the kingdom of the heavens . I can see a paradise earth after the millenial reign, I don't see people running around a planet that is burning as hot as the sun or there abouts. If people had talent they could learn an instrument in this world , like now they are saying you will suddenly have talent and time to learn an instrument. Personally it does sound pretty cool to have an enormous orchestra perhaps millions of people all in sync playing some great music but you might go deaf if that happened. Just who is that pastor they mentioned , I notice no name mentioned , and why are they quoting an apostate in their literature? Just another load of bunk .

Thanks blondie.

• jeanV
    jeanV

I could never thank you enough blondie. You do an amazing work!

The real highlight was this one (I quote gopher):

Q6, 7) Why might we rightly commend a sincere person who raises a troubling spiritual question?

6) Second, we may commend the sincere person for raising this question. Some people conclude that because they struggle with such questions, they are faithless or disrespectful toward God. They may even have been told as much by a clergyman.

Anybody JW (and JW's are the majority of the readers of this study article) that raises "troubling" questions about Watchtower doctrine is not commended. They are treated as faithless or disrespectful toward Jehovah (i.e., the organization). They may even have been told as much by the elders, and may even be told to just shut up about it (have faith in Jehovah, wait on him, i.e. do NOTHING).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    In his due time--Soon, Very Soon, Very Soon Now, Fast-Approaching, On The Threshold since 1879.

Really, what's 130 years or so to Jehovah? Isn't 1000 years as a day (or was it 7000 as a day)
    or maybe "thousands" of years are a day to him? We know we are in the last days since
    1799 1874 1914 so the end will come in a short time. It could come at any minute or it could
    be thousands of years, but that is still imminent- and a short while for Jehovah. Even though
    we cannot know the day and the hour, we can keep saying we know that it is imminent without
    being pinned on our own words, as long as you have faith in us that we are right. And stop
    reading older literature that contradicts current truths.

I am getting the hang of this. I am almost ready to be the next oracle- next I need to callous my soul

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

What a bland and useless article. God is love indeed, but is first and foremost Holy, Holy, Holy. Isaiah 6:3 And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Rev 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." Blondie, yes, they do not Jesus Christ. Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

• Robert222
    Robert222

I thought it odd the WA article says a "sincere" person raising questions. I wonder what it meant by that. How are we to determine if questions are sincere? And I love the answer the WA gives, push those Tracts handed out at the convention!! NO mention of showing a "sincere" person from the BIBLE the answer to his questions.

I like the fact priests and clergy say they actually dont know an answer to a question. The WA also does NOT know why god has allowed suffering for centuries. Its the time factor I think is the issue. The sovereign of the universe can put an end to anything at anytime. Yet the GB knows all the answers, they are superior to god. They know god has allowed suffering for centuries and we just have to accept it from a loving god.

I didn't notice the GB making any public speeches after 911 to educate the clueless world and expound on their wisdom?? They hide behind brick buildings and locks at the WA headquarters in Brooklyn.

• blondie
    blondie

Good pint, point, Inquisitor about Job.

Good comments everyone. I love seeing you discuss back and forth, I learn too from your comments.

It's a great day, sunny, and not too warm or humid.

I wonder if jws think every day will be like this in "paradise"?

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit