WTS hasn't corrected mistakes in NWT on John 20:28.....

by A-Team 212 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

"Wouldn't a more effective approach be to point out that which serves to enliven the experience of what we have in common? There is something more fundamental to our nature than that which our minds identify with and then defend for the purpose of maintaining a sense of separation from one another. There is wholeness inherent in our real nature than no one can force another to see, only point out in the hope that that can be seen by them."

Hi Poppers - The above, from your post, is a wonderful thought. The only thing wrong with it is that the only thing in common on this site is a dislike and even hatred of Jehovah's Witnesses.No one is suggesting which path is the right path.

While I concede that I can't "make" anyone go away, I'm trying my best to "persuade" them to not only leave JWs alone, but to go after the real rapists, murderers, and liars in our midst.To remind myself once again why I do this, I revisited the MacGregor Ministries home page. There I was confronted with "Are pedophiles knocking on your door?"

I'm all fuelled up for another week now!

I live in a city of churches. Within one city block there are about 10 churches. It isn't as if once you are "free" you will not be accepted elsewhere. There are churches and groups all over the place with no rules. Gay? Drugs? Smoke? Cheat on you taxes? Live common law? There's a place right around the corner for you.

Where I live was home to a well publicized young terrorist caught a few years ago. I think he's dead now. Our local mosque (only 2 blocks from me) was torched. I live only 20 miles from Niagara Falls generating plant, which was considered a terrorist target.

But beware the JW child molester at your door.

Popper - You meditated for 30 years and quit. Why? I did TM (the non-religious kind) for 1 month in the 70s and quit. It has been shown to relieve stress and it's been said that if a certain % did it all would be peace and harmony in the world. Wayne

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
  • poppers
    poppers

From Wayne: "The only thing wrong with it is that the only thing in common on this site is a dislike and even hatred of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Since you haven't been a JW you haven't had to deal with the things former dubs have had to deal with. Your viewpoint hasn't been affected in the way theirs has. I think they should be given latitute to deal with their feelings in an environment in which they feel safe, and this site provides that. When someone comes here and tries to deny them that there will inevitably be a reaction. There are many here who have indeed been raped and abused and have been abandoned by the confines of Watchtower doctrine to their own fate - a heartless situation which only adds to feelings of betrayal. Besides that, there are many ex dubs here who don't share your assessment of how the JWs are viewed. Many of these have a compassion which is forged in the fire of their own struggle to exit and only wish to extricate their loved ones from what they feel is an unhealthy and unnatural environment that goes against the grain of human decency inherent within the individual, but snuffed out by an imposed doctrine. I share that compassion despite never having been a JW and try to insert ideas to consider which will take one beyond the conditioning they are entrenched in. I would ask that you consider the possibility that there are people here who are telling the truth of their experiences with JW life. I would ask that you consider the possibility that the WT isn't the entity it demands its followers to believe and that its doctrines impinge on the pursuit of happiness and growth that is natural for an individual to seek.

From Wayne: "Popper - You meditated for 30 years and quit. Why? I did TM (the non-religious kind) for 1 month in the 70s and quit. It has been shown to relieve stress and it's been said that if a certain % did it all would be peace and harmony in the world."

I practiced TM for 9 years before becoming disillusioned with the movement, but I continued with other forms of meditation for many years following TM, finding that other techniques were just as effective as TM. It wasn't until later that could accept the fact that it too exerted pressure to live one's life in a certain way, a pressure that I overlooked at the time because I saw what I wanted to see for most of the years I was involved. Maharishi has taken a noble undertaking, meditation, and distorted it to his own financial benefit. He was deceptive in presenting it to the public so that many people were unaware of the Hindu underpinnings of his technique. He/the movement continues to fleece his gullible followers into taking more and more "advanced courses to speed up one's evolution", courses which are sometimes destructive to those who take them, and courses which are totally unnecessary except to bring in more money. He deceived his followers in what "enlightenment" is so that they are brainwashed into believing that it is something that will only happen in some future when enough people are meditating. He/the movement has skewed scientific studies which purport that TM is more effective than other types of meditation that cost virtually nothing, as compared to $2500 to learn TM. He has made claims about a certain percentage of people who meditate in an area will reduce crime, yet Fairfield, Iowa (home to Maharishi International University) has seen no such decline ever despite having a much higher percentage of that community meditating than his claim requires. He has shown himself to be manipulative and abusive to female followers; hardly the image he wishes to project to the public, but covered up to protect his reputation. In short, he isn't what he claims to be and he has bamboozled people for many many years - hallmarks of a cult like organization.

Why did I quit meditating? Because I came to the point where it wasn't necessary anymore. I woke up to what I am, and my daily life is experienced in a state of natural meditation. By that I mean: when you realize your true essence a natural byproduct is to be in a thought free state (most of the time). When thought is needed it is there; when not needed, thought/mind abates - nothing has to be done anymore for this to happen, it is my natural state. The egoic entity, the personal sense that convinces one that he is separate from everyone else, has been seen through as a fiction, so it no longer dominates how life is experienced and viewed. Without that identification with the ego, life is experienced in peace and stillness despite outer circumstances because what is viewed is no longer seen to be separate from what I am. Life is lived in the present moment now, without reference to the past or future unless for practical purposes. It is this natural state that is the "commonality" I referenced in my previous post. By helping others to see this within themselves, fear and hate of others cannot take root because they are solely the byproducts of the separate sense of self. It is that separate sense of self which gets in debates with others, it is that separate sense of self that demands things be its way, it is that separate sense of self that does everything it can to protect its own idea of "self". And it is that separate sense of self that I wish others here to likewise discover to be a fiction which covers one's essential nature of peace and wholeness.

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

Wayne L,

According to the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance:

Possibly 1,455 JW Women Died Between 1995 and 2006 Due to Refusing Blood

According to the May 22, 1994 issue of Awake!, page 2:

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue."

The truth is that JW youths are dying because they and/or their parents are putting the Watchtower Society first, and God last!

Frank

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is how the Watchtower Society murders its own people:

The Japan Times Online

Thursday, June 21, 2007 Jehovah's Witness shuns blood, dies OSAKA (Kyodo) A member of the Jehovah's Witnesses died last month after giving birth by Caesarean section and refusing a blood transfusion, officials at Osaka Medical College reported.

The hospital said it had agreed with the woman before the surgery that it would not administer a transfusion.

Although she bled a great deal after delivering the child, doctors only took steps to arrest the hemorrhaging. She died several days later, the hospital said.

"We briefed her about the danger (before the surgery) and we repeatedly urged her family to accept a blood transfusion. But in the end we respected the patient's wishes," a hospital official said Tuesday.

Jehovah's Witnesses' officials said the hospital acted appropriately in treating the woman in accordance with her wishes.

Members of the denomination refuse blood transfusions as being against the Bible, citing the section in Leviticus that reads: "Whatsoever man . . . eats any manner of blood, I will cut him off from among his people."

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Frank - You are really testing my patience. After following a few of your links all you can offer is about a couple dozen murders and violent crimes spread over decades, committed by people not following Watchtower doctrine. The JWs doctrines do not teach murder or rape. These people were acting on there own. And one was not a JW at the time. He was a lunatic who thought he was Christ!

And I am looking over Awake May 22/94. There are 28 children pictured as having died, again spread out over a number of years. In each featured story, the child consented and the judge concurred. In this same issue it has the dramatic statement - "In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first" pg 2. It doesn't explain what this refers to but I got the impression you were using this to pad your numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong. This # isn't about blood transfusions. When I find a scanner I will post pg 31 which has real figures - 1050 dead and 3850 infected with AIDS due to blood tranfusions. That was 1994. Project to 2007 and do the arithmetic.

According to the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance:

Possibly 1,455 JW Women Died Between 1995 and 2006 Due to Refusing Blood

Note that is says "Possibly". You made out that this was the actual figure. No figure was given here. There were about a dozen deaths mentioned at the end of the article. Can you supply an actual number and offset it with the number who would have died anyways and those who may have died as a result - AIDS?

So far you're still shy of the 1000s. If you are going to give me this in installments, don't bother. Wayne

• Wayne L
    Wayne L
    from 16-Oct-02

This is how the Watchtower Society murders its own people

Frank - You have a way with words. I was under the illusion that this person ( a consenting adult, and being faithful to Jehovah's word, as she believed it) willingly refused blood.

If the children in my previous post Awake May 22/94 convinced judges of their ability to consent, how much more foolish is your overly-dramatic claim that the Japanese woman was murdered. She was an adult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit