WTS hasn't corrected mistakes in NWT on John 20:28.....

by A-Team 212 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Careful, Wayne. I never used the term "liars." In fact you introduced the term by saying "Then tell me whether the Witnesses or MacGregor are liars!" That may be your kind of language, but it isn't mine. Either you are lying or you are telling the truth about your being a JW. I say you are lying. If you are not a baptized JW, you are a JW one hundred percent at heart. There is no difference. You defend them and their errors as if your life depended upon it. I think it's hypocritical to pretend that you are merely a detached spectator when in fact you are an ardent JW apologist.

Frank - Are you stark raving mad. You just called me a liar twice in this post and once in a previous. "Either you are lying" and "I say you are lying" sound awfully like you are saying I'm a liar. What planet are you from?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Wayne L,

About my insistence on saying that the Tetragrammaton (not Jehovah as you mistakenly infered from my previous) was known in Jesus' day and read by all,

Still playing games, aren't you. Not once in this entire discussion have you used the term "Tetragrammaton" until now. But you have frequently used the name "Jehovah." Still, you say I'm the one who made a mistake. In other words, I'm in error because I can't read your mind. I'm supposed to see "Tetragrammaton" whenever you type "Jehovah," even though you never gave any of us a hint that you had that expectation. Your logic is very interesting, Wayne, to say the least.

Frank - Are you stark raving mad. You just called me a liar twice in this post and once in a previous. "Either you are lying" and "I say you are lying" sound awfully like you are saying I'm a liar. What planet are you from?

This is another example of playing games. I said I never used the "term," and that's absolutely true. It's funny, Wayne, how you can pretend to be precise by making an issue between "Tetragrammaton" and "Jehovah," and yet you can't tell the difference between a label ("liar") and an action ("lying"). As I see it, even if this discussion were to go on for weeks to come, we would make no progress at all because of your meaningless fuss over words you don't understand. Your pretense at being intelligent is another reason why I am convinced you are a JW in total bondage to the Watchtower Society.

Frank

• JESUSLOVE
    JESUSLOVE

It's a personal relationship with JESUS. Let's speak to others about him and what great things he has done. Matthew 28:19-20

Revelation, chapter 22

18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    21: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen

GOD Bless

• JESUSLOVE
    JESUSLOVE

It's a personal relationship with JESUS. Let's speak to others about him and what great things he has done. Matthew 28:19-20

Revelation, chapter 22

18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    21: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen

GOD Bless

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

Thank you for evading important doctrinal points and centering on my grammar and occasional mistake ( which I correct as soon as spotted). Having been a writer for thirty years, I note that you have an unusual slant on the English language. And as for my intelligence, I have challenged you, but you sidestep by changing the subject.

I take it you can not defend your statement about 1000s dying from the BT rules. Let's leave it at that. Wayne

• justhuman
    justhuman

that would have been a total revised Jehovist Bible...

• justhuman
    justhuman

that would have been a new version of the Bible wouldn't be?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Wayne L,

I can do no better at this time than to refer you to the brown NWT page 1564. Ignore for the moment that it's their work and read the reference works of others quoted.

Again, your bondage to the Watchtower Society is showing. Only two "reference works" are quoted in the article. Jerome, one of those quoted, says absolutely nothing about the tetragrammaton in the Greek Scriptures. The second person quoted, George Howard, presents the controversial theory that the New Testament manuscripts "may" have originally contained the tetragrammaton. But his theory has been universally rejected by the scholarly community as too speculative.

All we are left with is the guesswork of the Watchtower Society. Since you suggested that I "ignore for the moment that it's their work," your argument has nothing substantive to it, nothing at all, Wayne. Why don't you give up and be honest with yourself. You are fighting a lost cause. You've got your mind made up, and you just can't seem to let facts and reason open up for you another point of view, a view more in line with reality.

There is evidence that the Tet. extended into the 2nd/3rd century and was removed after that.

And where did you find this "evidence." Was it in some ancient manuscript? Was it found chiseled on some clay tablet in a cave somewhere? Come on, Wayne. Get humble and acknowledge the truth of the matter. The only "evidence" is in the imagination of persons desperately trying to defend the weak position of the Watchtower Society, persons like yourself.

This would counter the statement as to why Jesus did not rebuke. Because the divine name WAS used. This is only conjecture for now, but is as possible as the other poster's suggestion.

Wayne, Jesus did not "rebuke" anyone for failing to use the divine name because he himself did not use it. The name had not been in use for hundreds of years before Jesus began his ministry. If he had begun to use it, he would have stirred up a riot. It would have been offensive to the Jews just as it is offensive among them to use the name in conversation today. Since there is no record in the Greek Scriptures that such a riot occurred, we have to assume that Jesus never "rocked the boat" in that manner. It is only in the dreams of Watchtower defenders that Jesus uttered the divine name in public. The name was not in the Scriptures he read from, and the name was not included in quotations from him that the apostle recorded. What more "evidence" do you want if you are really concerned about the truth of the matter?

There are also non-Witness writers who claim that at least Matthew used the Tet. in a Hebrew version and possibly all the others did in their Greek. This tends to knock down your exaggerated statement that there is not any proof in the entire world.

Again, I ask: Where is the evidence? Who are those "non-Witness writers" who support this Watchtower error? Are they truly reputable scholars, or are they common folk engaged in a guessing game? It's amusing that you can call my statements "exaggerated" when all you offer to counteract them is mere guesswork.

It is not my policy to use Witness literature as proof, but I must at this time. I truly believe that their quotes in this case are accurate because I've seen them elsewhere.

How could you have seen what does not exist? Don't you think they would have used such quotes in the article on page 1564 if they actually had them?

In your one post, you said 1000s died from a silly requirement in Africa, 1000s died from their stand on BTs, 100s died from heartbreak.

So? Where's the contradiction? What's the fuss?

But anyways, how many is "many"? Did this issue give a figure? Was it the 1000s you mentioned? If not, you're a little shy on proof.

Again, Wayne, I say you're simply playing games. Whether it was one or one million who died from the Watchtower's errors in teaching, it doesn't seem to matter to you. Loyalty to an organization invented by sinful humans means more to you than obedience to God's commands against murder. That is truly sad and nauseating.

Frank

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Wayne L,

Thank you for evading important doctrinal points . . .

What "important doctrinal points" have I evaded? Come on, Wayne, get specific. It's easy to make vague insinuations and leave your readers wondering what in the world you have in mind. So let's see it. Spell it out clearly. What have I evaded? Or is this still your strange way of playing little games with yourself?

Thank you for . . . centering on my grammar and occasional mistake (which I correct as soon as spotted). Having been a writer for thirty years,

If you've "been a writer," Wayne, how is it you make so many errors in grammar? Are you fibbing again? Playing games? I'd be ashamed to say I'm a writer if I couldn't do any better at putting sentences together than you seem able to do. How interesting this is becoming. You make the charge that I've been "evading doctrinal points," and in this your most recent entry you haven't made reference to even one "doctrinal" point. In playing your little games, all you seem able to focus on is quibbling, fussing, and crying the blues about things like "grammar," "mistakes," "language," and "changing the subject." Nothing with any depth, just what is to be expected from someone in bondage to the Watchtower Society.

Frank
  • Wayne L
    Wayne L

In your one post, you said 1000s died from a silly requirement in Africa, 1000s died from their stand on BTs, 100s died from heartbreak.

So? Where's the contradiction? What's the fuss?

But anyways, how many is "many"? Did this issue give a figure? Was it the 1000s you mentioned? If not, you're a little shy on proof.

Again, Wayne, I say you're simply playing games. Whether it was one or one million who died from the Watchtower's errors in teaching, it doesn't seem to matter to you. Loyalty to an organization invented by sinful humans means more to you than obedience to God's commands against murder. That is truly sad and nauseating.

Frank, I would say that your accusation that 1000s died because of rules, and your implication that JWs somehow condone child molestation, and that they support murder far outways my puny mistakes. You made extremely serious charges against a group that includes my friends (who have beatiful homes, nice cars, computers, pension plans, and want for nothing).

I'm not going away until people like you go away!

And, by the way, when you can supply me with proof that 1000s died. don't bother me again. Spew your garbage elsewhere! Wayne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit