WTS hasn't corrected mistakes in NWT on John 20:28.....

by A-Team 212 Replies latest watchtower bible

• poppers
    poppers

From Wayne: "Their goal is to get me to attend meetings. I admire them for this as that is what they do, and should do. It has been difficult for me to pull all this off.

Members I know want me to go to meetings but I have put them off so far."

Right, they want you to go to meetings, where love bombing will become intense - suddenly you'll have lots of instant friends and acceptance, which is just another way of manipulating you. Also, talking to them about any of their teaching/doctrines allows them to count time which is then submitted on a monthly report, something they are required to do. I have a friend who allows them to come by on a reqular basis, gives her a pamphlet and then spends an hour or so just visiting. All of the time to drive out there, visitation, and driving back gets counted - it's an easy way to "pad" the numbers on their monthly report, which then makes it appear that they are doing more than they really are. Appearance is important to them, not only to outsiders but to fellow members.

Do your investigation and then let them know what you've found and where you found it. I also advise you to read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, who was a member of the governing board (one of the 12 head guys at Bethel in New York).

Book review from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Conscience-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675044

Story of him from freeminds: http://www.freeminds.org/sales/most_burned.htm

Then see what their attitude is toward you. See if their friendship will continue as it has up to this point. I think you'll get educated real quick on what "conditional friendship" means.

Why haven't you informed them of your defense?

-----------

I hope you get a chance to check out The Relaxation Response - here is a link which is word for word for the technique. Like anything it takes time for results to show, so don't give up on it.

http://www.ucop.edu/humres/eap/relaxationrespone.html

------------

You should be able to edit your posts by clicking on it, going to the bottom of the page and locating the edit feature. I use a Mac so that doesn't work for me. If you still are unable to get it to work you'll just have to be mindful of removing unwanted text before submitting your post.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Quacks like a troll, posts like a troll, reasons like a troll....................?

• poppers
    poppers

"Quacks like a troll, posts like a troll, reasons like a troll....................?"

Allow some latitude now, he's beginning to actually investigate and wake up from delusion and misunderstanding. Putting him in a defensive posture will put him back to sleep. People need the opportunity to break out of conditioned patterns of thought.

• 5go
    5go
    Members I know want me to go to meetings but I have put them off so far.

As to your opening line "Maybe I have been misled", join the club. I have fallen for many foolish things, like pyramid schemes and such. And I started to believe in astrology at one point until I discovered that because of something called "precession of the equinoxes, nobody today is the sign they think they are, They're one or two signs behind, or ahead, I can't remember which. I found this out after spending $100s on books. Wayne

PS Sorry again but I don't know how to delete your post without deleting mine.

Bingo ! You are a study who won't commit to being a publisher. Tell the one studying with you on and off ( your friend ) that you have been posting on this site. Then you'll see what we have been talking about.

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

5go - Just popped back for a last look after deciding to forgo continuing here. This site is single minded and I have no place here. As to my friend, I never actually "studied" with him. It was only a casual on/off friendly, running debate. I will keep my eyes open to the serious claims made here. I am not "blinded" as one poster said.

The last I heard, my friend is going to Mexico to witness when he retires because there is a great need there, he says. Wayne

• Wayne L
    Wayne L

5go - I have, over the years, brought up many of the accusations made by exes (dubs as you call them) to numerous active members, trying to break them down and get a reaction.

Their response has always been the same - That members become exes because they want to continue to live as they see fit and don't want to live by Watchtower doctrine. That is basically why most people leave their religions.

Your last post seemed to imply that when and if I were to tell my friend about my visit to this site, that he would break down and admit everything.

On the contrary, he would be more eager to go out and spread the truth, which he truly believes in, as opposed to the vindictiveness spread by "dubs" who are doing absolutely no good in the world.

• 5go
    5go

5go - Just popped back for a last look after deciding to forgo continuing here. This site is single minded and I have no place here. As to my friend, I never actually "studied" with him. It was only a casual on/off friendly, running debate. I will keep my eyes open to the serious claims made here. I am not "blinded" as one poster said.

The last I heard, my friend is going to Mexico to witness when he retires because there is a great need there, he says. Wayne

Wayne L we know your are lying about something. Also seeing as you have not posted on any other thread on JWD. You are likely a sockpuppet for some one who posts here regularly.

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception within an Internet community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks while pretending not to, like a puppeteer manipulating a hand puppet. [1]

In current usage, the term has been extended beyond second identities of people who already post in a forum to include other uses of misleading online identities. For example, a recent NY Times article defines "sock-puppeting" as "the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one’s self, allies or company." [2]

The key difference between a sockpuppet and a regular pseudonym is the conveyance that the puppet is a third party who is not affiliated with the puppeteer.

The term was first employed on Usenet in reference to Earl Curley, who had used various pseudonyms to defend his character and arguments and to denigrate his opponents. [3] The term tentacle was also commonly used with similar meaning in Usenet through the mid 1990s. [4]

Strawman sockpuppet

A strawman sockpuppet is created by a user with one point of view, but acts as though they have an opposing point of view, in order to make that point of view look bad. Such sockpuppets will typically advance foolish straw man arguments which their “opponents” can then easily refute. They often act in an unintelligent, uninformed, or bigoted manner. The effect is to discredit more rational arguments for the same side.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    "the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one’s self, allies or company." [2]

5go, well done.

• Undecided
    Undecided

The real question is not wheither some one could be called God but if there is a God. What evidence do we have that God exist except in the minds of other humans? What has Christ or God done that can be proven to be by some spirit power since man has been living, except by some written text of a religious person? As I read the greek scriptures Jesus said he would come back before some of the ones alive died. Of course the bible has to be explained by some religious expert to mean something other than what it really said, and we must have faith in some future event that is a fantasy.

I'm tired of trying to understand this bunch of writtings that were put together as a bible and said to be inspired by an unproven God by a bunch of men who were actually evil in their motives.

Ken P.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Six more distortions of truth and fact put forward in this thread by "Wayne L"

(With commentary in red)

47. Wayne said, "I don't have a religious bone in my body. I think religion is bunk." But earlier Wayne said, "Every JW I ever met is the person we should all be." ( So, Wayne can't make up his mind whether JWs are "bunk" or what "we should all be." Really, Wayne is putting on a pretense, as is obvious to anybody who reads his entries. He pretends to be a mere bystander while he is actually a JW defender, probably even a baptized one! )

48. Wayne said, "I have a habit of knowing what I'm getting into." Yet, Wayne said later, "I have fallen for many foolish things, like pyramid schemes and such. And I started to believe in astrology at one point . " Wayne also mentioned that he spent HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS on those "many foolish things." (So, Wayne pretends to be knowledgeable and wise about JWs, but admits on the other hand that he is an extremely foolish and gullible person!)

49. Wayne asked, "And how does one become a JW nurse or doctor or lawyer or scientist or teacher if education is frowned upon?" (This, again, is evidence of Wayne's false pretense. He knows very well that very, very few JWs have gone to college after they were baptized. The organization frowns on it excessively, and Wayne pretends he doesn't know that!)

50. Wayne also asked, "And how can the Internet be taboo and yet WT has a website?" (Wayne here pretends he doesn't know about the contradictions and hypocrisy of the WT Society. He pretends to use logic while closing his eyes and mind to the fact that the Society has clearly warned JWs against the internet in the "Watchtower" magazine and in the "Kingdom Ministry" newsletter).

51. Wayne said, "I am not 'blinded' as one poster said." (Wayne has demonstrated in this thread that he is blind about JWs not only naively, but deliberately.)

52. Wayne described the persons in this forum who expose the evils of the Watchtower Society as 'vindictive' and as "doing absolutely no good in the world." (This betrays Wayne's ultimate lack of sincerity and honesty, to say the very least. If Wayne was true to himself, after noting the clear facts about the WT Society and JWs presented in this forum, he would acknowledge that he has been defending the indefensible! Those doing good in the world are those who build hospitals and in other ways care for the less fortunate, but the JWs condemn all of these as members of Babylon the Great who will suffer a horrendous death in an upcoming battle where God himself will destroy them just because they are not JWs!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit