Posting Here: secretly or openly?

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 48 Replies latest social family

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Just curious, how many of you have to hide the fact that you post here from family? I'm especially thinking of those with spouses who are in, while they themselves either never were, faded, DFed/DAed, etc but if you are a child hiding it from parents, that applies too. If you are posting secretly, how secretive do you have to be? Going to the library to do so? While the spouse/parent is at meetings? From work? At first I was posting here secretly, but gradually was able to reveal it to my wife. I even had hopes at one point that she would join herself, but that seems to be a forlorn hope. She says she doesn't like "hater sites" where everything is all negativity.

She was never baptized, never officially a JW, just studied with them and started going to meetings, but I eventually managed to show her how bizarre some of the doctrines of the JWs are, and she no longer does so now. (Thanks to many here who helped me with that, particularly jgnat and Check_Your_Premises.) She is still kind and friendly to the ones who stop by here on occasion (guess they have her down as a return visit or something?) to give her new booklets, but is no longer interested in them. I now post here openly, sometimes she will even sit in the room with me while I'm reading and typing, and ask me some questions.

I think one of the most eye-opening things for her was when she kept looking at the screen one day, and finally being able to stand her curiousity no longer, asked me "Are these people really the ages that show up by their names, or what? There's no way that one person is x years old" (some people have their age on the board set to close to 100, or less than 10; in those cases I assume it's to honor their "birth out of the truth"). So I told her how families were split because of shunning, and how some people here had to hide themselves to keep from being 'outed', and were probably just putting random fake ages as part of their cover. I could see by the look on her face that it really hit home.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Vernon Willliams, 423 W. Nellie, Monett, MO 65708

Openly.....

V

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Me, I am 18. And I am male.

My dad is a MS and my whole family is totally serious about the religion. I am currently in "good standing" in fact I'll be on security this year at the DC.

So obviously I have to keep this a secret. I don't do anything strange like going to the library or anything. I'm sitting in my living room. I just make sure to clear my History, Cookies and Temporary Internet Files every day.

Lore (Not my real name.)

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Lore,

How wonderful it would be to be your age and "aware!"

Wishing you wisdom and progress,

V

• Warlock
    Warlock

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Warlock

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Wishing you wisdom and progress,

Thank you.

Vernon Willliams, 423 W. Nellie, Monett, MO 65708

Openly.....

LOL.

I'm only posting secretly until I 'come out'. Then I'll be open about it...

• Quentin
    Quentin

Openly, but I've been gone for thirty years...my hope is I can re-connect with my cousin Vernon Daughtery who was in Garland Texas early 70s then moved to Washington state....early on re-connected with my old friend Terry...and hope that what little I do post will help others get free from this sham religion that is nothing more than a bunch of book peddlers...

• helncon
    helncon

I post openly. Yes i am female, 31, live in Australia and my name is Helen

Though i do keep my familys privacy not give out their name

Its only me who is verbal about the JW.

I really don't care what else can they do!

Helen

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Openly.

My age and location are correct, although that isn't me on my avatar, so
    I posted my picture below

Trevor Spencer
    Derby
    England
    UK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I cannot mention JWD and most of the books I read to the wife.

I post while I am at work or while she is out of the house, and I eventually got
    bold enough to post while she was home. But I don't reveal what site I am on,
    and I will simply close the window on JWD when she walks into the room.

Forbidden books- these are kept at work and read during breaks, so it took
    forever to read many of them. I keep different books at home, that are still
    helpful to my freedom, but not written by former JW's.

I truly believe my wife knows that I use the internet to read anti-JW stuff, but
    she keeps her blinders on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit