Video from 2007 Convention

by kwr 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Walking downtown Chicago, my wife and I occasionally see the Streetcorner preacher with a microphone
    and we have seen them while on vacation, also. She would act like this guy is the devil, himself and avoid
    the corner or get through quickly. I told her once, "That guy is doing a work more like the disciples of
    Jesus did than the Witnesses door-to-door work."

She said, "That is sort of true but his message is wrong."

"What was wrong about that particular message? How do you know, as you ran past? What part do you
    know is wrong?"

Well, of course that shut her down, as she didn't know what he said, just that it wasn't "THE TRUTH."

An anti-JW picket with information flyers would have been better, and then there would have been 4 attendants.

While I was at DC's all the years up until this one, this flashes me back to the big outdoor ones we used to
    go to. Everyone hated it. In one year, it was hot, cold, rainy, glaringly sunny, windy, poor sound, all in 3 days.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

lots of empty seats, unconvincing young man starting the video with his little speech about pioneering, no one looks happy.

soooo glad I don't do that any more. Wasted too many hours of my life bored to death at meetings and conventions. And it sounds as though, 25 years later, the message is just the same, everlasting life just around the corner.

I agree that picketers aren't likely to reach any JWs at a convention, they wouldn't dare talk to the guy in front of other JWs. But, it is true if you can get press coverage it provides a "witness" to the greater public about the religion.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Thanks for the video. But it made me sick, after one minute I had to stop it. I also noticed the place was half empty. When I was a kid they were packed!

• Hermano
    Hermano

I like it. Gives them a taste of their own medicine. They all look annoyed that he's there, but they all do the same to other people.

• A-Team
    A-Team

Someone just posted this on youtube ::winkwink::

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Man, the best show was outside the stadium! Wish I could be there every year when these people come out to throw down.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Where is this District Convention site?

I'm guessing, but it looks like Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California U.S.A.

Can someone verify this?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Oh this is precious!

This is exactly the kind of bullcrap THEY used to pull outside churches, picketing, driving trucks with fricking enormous speakers on the top, screeching about millions now living that in fact died.

The brightened up my day considerably.

I'm still sorting out my thoughts on the trinity, and agree that there are probably other subjects that would have had more of an impact, but on the whole, I admire that young man, what he was doing took a hundred times the courage of the dubs slinking about the neighborhood counting deadtime driving to and from doors that nobody answers.

He should have had a URL or something to hold up, that way he could have gotten an assault charge against the Goon that was there making sure nobody looked too interested.

I give it four thumbs up!

Roller

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

hey,i think i saw a prius there!!! are dubs allowed to drive prius's?wouldnt that be admitting that man is,um,somewhat in control?..and what a glum bunch of folks..fashion police to the rescue!!!!

• Mum
    Mum

Having a background that includes being taken to a "holy roller" church, I certainly appreciate that young man's preaching. My grandpa would say he "shor 'nuf had the sperrit of God." Give me a rousing sermon any day instead of that mind numbing JW droning. Contrast the young man's preaching with the bland, uninspired,passionless, heard-it-all-before JW drivel.

I would like to stand outside a convention with a choir and sing some of my old gospel favorites, such as "I'll Fly Away," "Softly and Tenderly," "Little Talk with Jesus," "I Saw the Light," and "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder" to name a few.

You go, bro,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit