Video from 2007 Convention

by kwr 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

This is only a few minutes long, but I thought people might be interested in viewing it.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=33bf935e94036b41979b&page=8&viewtype=&category=mr

• A-Team
    A-Team

This was a bold step for anyone to do. I like it when he said that They think its ok for them to come to our doors to preach their theology, but didn't think it was ok if we did the same with them.

• DannyHaszard
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That's awesome.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

How happy, happy, HAPPY and blessed I feel not to be setting in that dumbed down, anti-Christ, mentally embalmed enviroment!

Thank you for this kind reminder of what we are missing.

I had never noticed how "cloned" the speakers sound.

Hey, the young, black preacher on the video....is there any chance of finding out who he is? This guy has guts and passion.......

V

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

WOW, this brought back memories of sitting at Yankee Stadium and the Meadowlands for those boring conventions!!! Thank godness I don't have to endure that anymore.

nj

• heathen
    heathen

I'm surprised nobody gave the guy a publication . I still don't believe the trinity but was interesting how there was no argument with that guy and they just ignored him . You would think they would surround him with elders and just distract him from his attempts to reach the crowd.

• undercover
    undercover

I know I'm probably in the minority on this...but I think these type things backfire on whoever is trying to reach JWs with their message. I think it's best to just let the JWs have their conventions and their meetings and not picket them or try to steal their thunder. They have the right to practice their religion, so let 'em. (I know that they don't afford all of us those same oppurtunities or rights, but I like to think I'm bigger than them and willing to be fair and practical)

JWs are conditioned to ignore and even run away from anything that even hints at apostasy or false teachings from Christendom. And when you watch that clip you can see that they were trying their best to not even look at the guy.

However, having said all that, the more telling action was that of a WT attendant being posted right in front of him. For whose protection was that? The preachers? Or...was it to make sure no one tried to interact with him? The smart thing would have been to ignore him as the people were already doing. By placing a "guard" there, to me it sends a message that, "we don't trust you to avoid this troublemaker, so we're going to do it for you by intimidating you with this guard who will report you if you make any type of move of talking to or with the troublemaker."

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, that's a lot of umbrellas!

What the hell was that stupid attendant doing? Looked like a bodyguard for the loud dude.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I know I'm probably in the minority on this...but I think these type things backfire on whoever is trying to reach JWs with their message. I think it's best to just let the JWs have their conventions and their meetings and not picket them or try to steal their thunder. They have the right to practice their religion, so let 'em. (I know that they don't afford all of us those same oppurtunities or rights, but I like to think I'm bigger than them and willing to be fair and practical)

Well said,exception being that if you picket outside their events like i did for years and it gets the NEWS media involved and dissident apostates are presented on the evening news.That's what's really cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit