Video from 2007 Convention

by kwr 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

That guy has a lot of guts. It is amazing how they won't even look at him. They are so trained to not look at the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Conditioning at it's best. I am surprised they didn't ask him to move on. The attendant acted like he was glad to have such an important job to do.

The subjects he picked, though, were not too good for getting through to dubs. I don't think the trinity and burning in hellfire are up for discussion with them. But then, what is? At least, he stuck with just the Bible.

The best point he made was asking why they can't read their literature. Doubt it made a difference for anyone there, though.

• karen96
    karen96

I too was concerned about the attendant being posted in front of this man. He definitely was there to prevent other JW's from approaching him. While I'm sure the dubs felt protected by the attendant being there, it sent the message " We don't trust you to have enough conviction of your own faith. Therefore, we are going to watch over your faith for you". Amazing how your viewpoint of it changes when your mind is no longer under there control.

karen

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

oh now thats funny

• VM44
    VM44

Save it to your computer, if you really want to, using this link:

http://godtube.com/flvideo1/10/12608.flv

File size is about 18MB.

--VM44

• heathen
    heathen
    The subjects he picked, though, were not too good for getting through to dubs.

That's true , you'd do better with some facts about the leadership or the blood policies that get alot of children killed or people df'd for wanting to save their children , or the 2 witness rule for child molesters and the history of false prophesy , the involvement with the UN or joint law suits with apostates such as jerry falwell . Lots of other things could do way more damage to their faith in the integrity of the book publishing corporation. The trinity cannot be proven , hell fire can be interpreted in various ways . The WTBTS feels they are the lazarus class and apostates are the rich man class that is being burned by jehovahs adverse judgements as portrayed in their publications.

• Warlock
    Warlock

He obviously has the right to be there, but he's just a wacko as far as I'm concerned.

Warlock

• VM44
    VM44

The video starts off right away with a young person saying the following:

"What about my goals?

Pioneering, Ministerial Servant, or even Bethel. That's what really is important.

"That's what really is important", I don't think so, not after reading the Bethel experience given here at JWD by onacruse and new boy.

One also needs to ask, "really important" for whom? The individual? or the Watchtower Corporation?

--VM44

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

He obviously has the right to be there, but he's just a wacko as far as I'm concerned.

Warlock

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST WAC-O?

• VM44
    VM44

I respect that preacher for giving an excellent witness to the Witnesses outside their own convention.

I also would like to know who he is.

The second preacher was using the old green NWT and so it could be claimed that he was out of date.

This is probably why the NWT no longer has a green cover, so as not to be readily identified as the Jehovah's Witness Bible.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad I don't go to assemblies/conventions any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit