Video from 2007 Convention

by kwr 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Prefect
    Prefect

What is wrong with a Prius?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i love prius,but i have a feeling that dubs would consider it worldly science..i mean,why bother trying to save a world that damned and doomed anyway?all we have to do is ,'sit tight'..and that woudl nt be trying to conserve fuel,or cleaning up oil spills,or working to stop hunger or volunteering at a soup kitchen..of course i could be wrong..its ,um,know to happen...

• sandy
    sandy

Alligator Wisdom : I was wondering if this was San Diego as well. just curious . . .

I used to think picketing was not right as well. But now I feel the same way as someone said . . . Give them a taste of their own medicine.

I would love to go under cover as a JW and start chatting it up with a picketer in front of an attendant. If he asked for my name and congregation I'd give it freely. I wonder if the elders from my hall would call me. I've been inactive for years. Or, at the very least I wonder how long it would take to get back to my family.

Anyone up for this here in So Cal? Maybe I should just get a life . . . I've had too much time on my hands lately.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Lol, I remember that talk. At my convention the kid they put up on stage was really overacting it. It was like watching Susan Lucci give an award speech.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I think the whole shouting/preaching outside a JW convention is counterproductive. Attacking Witnesses head-on like that is not going to breed any results. If you're trying to hand out flyers, no JW in his/her right mind would accept it right in front of everyone. In a way it's like outing a gay person before he's ready. I don't think any of us here left the org. in a blaze of public glory. Some of us were disfellowshipped and some of us left on our own, but the seeds of doubt were planted and cultivated privately, away from the scrutiny of the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit